IN THE MIDDLE OF ASSISTING PLEASE HELP

Pics
It is warm, but no other chicks have hatched yet. I can see that some are alive, but no internal pips.

Ok, is it not drying at all? How humid is it in there? It should be dry by now. Sometimes when a chick has stuff dried to their fluff it looks like they're still wet when they have a sort of crunchy coating on the fluff. That can happen for numerous reasons but most commonly from not losing enough weight in early incubation. What kind of incubator nare you using?

Directly under the heat lamp, it's 110 šŸ˜¬ at the far edge, it's 80. How terrible is that?
As long as there is a cool space on the other side of the brooder that's actually perfectly fine. They will move around and regulate as needed. Just like going under momma hen when cold and running around her when warm.

Ok, is it not drying at all? How humid is it in there? It should be dry by now. Sometimes when a chick has stuff dried to their fluff it looks like they're still wet when they have a sort of crunchy coating on the fluff. That can happen for numerous reasons but most commonly from not losing enough weight in early incubation. What kind of incubator nare you using?
I just touched it, and it's not actually that wet, so maybe just stuff dried. But not floofy yet. I think it was around 66%.
I don't think I know what nare is...

Back
Top Bottom