In this Breeding thread, we post our Breeding Wishes

Pics

Are they usually this naked? Seems to me like the ones I've seen in the past have been at least a little more feathered than this, especially on their fronts. 🤔

I was also going to ask about the genetics of it, NatJ beat me to it! It looks like they have the feather follicles, just no feathers, unlike a naked neck, for example, that lacks the follicles to grow feathers in the skin that is naked on them.

The red looks like terminal sunburn. :eek: I guess something is making the color of the combs and wattles spread over the rest of the skin?

That is quite an interesting appearance, but I'm not clear on what causes it.

Some people like to shave their Game Stags, Ganoi are usually naked neck so people just shave the entire breast along with the legs.

1666452556044.png

1666452605515.png

1666452617348.png

1666452642389.png

Now that I think about, I believe I have all that I need to produce what would look like a True Ganoi, I have Oriental blood(Pakistani) and I could introduce the Naked Neck mutation. that is probably the most strait forward project.

Someone in the the States could also do it with Malays and Turkens

They shave them? Wow! :eek: I never would have thought of shaving a chicken!

And that's just for the appearance, or is there another purpose to shaving them?
Mostly Appearance..

Those Dinosaur looking Orientals are not the only one shaved. While this habit is not usual in the USA, it's very common in Latin American and abroad.

Here English/American Game type bird that has been shaved

1666454115948.png

Back
Top Bottom