In this Breeding thread, we post our Breeding Wishes

This pretty girl will 100% lay blue eggs. Note that she is straight comb. I will be crossing her to rose comb males as soon as she starts laying. She is 4 months old and should lay her first egg in about 6 to 8 weeks.
View attachment 3299936
that's a really pretty chicken. hmm. I have a cockerel that kinda' looks like he might have some of that in him... wonder if I bred him with, say like Odile (who lays blue eggs), if I would get blue eggs from the chicks? of course, I might want to do that with Emily or Odette (emily is a black and white chicken who lays brown eggs, while odette lays white and is a white hen). then I might be able to tell if the male chicken had those genetics.

that's a really pretty chicken. hmm. I have a cockerel that kinda' looks like he might have some of that in him... wonder if I bred him with, say like Odile (who lays blue eggs), if I would get blue eggs from the chicks? of course, I might want to do that with Emily or Odette (emily is a black and white chicken who lays brown eggs, while odette lays white and is a white hen). then I might be able to tell if the male chicken had those genetics.
Probably not, because silver laced Wyandotte don't lay blue eggs, apart from specific projects

Probably not, because silver laced Wyandotte don't lay blue eggs, apart from specific projects
aha. so if I used Odile, I might be able to get something like a blue egg laying wyandotte?
really, I just want the fun of breeding chicks, really fancy feathered hens/roosters, and more chickens. so I don't really care if it doesn't work out like I planned.

Back
Top Bottom