in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

20211119_013834.jpg

Until the snow falls (here it falls at night now, but it melts during the day), I collect stones for the construction of a small fountain. I want to take this 1500 liter trough, make a concrete bowl under it, trim it all with stone, plant irises next to it and put up small stone statues of ducks that will spit there with jets of water. And I'll probably put the aquatic plants and the air supply hose in there so that I can put some fish in there.
Фото3121.jpg

In the nearest town there is a food market where they sell, among other things, live river fish (they are usually bought to make soup or to fry in a frying pan). I am thinking of buying 1-2 fish and putting them into this small reservoir for the summer. Fish food can be ordered from the base where I buy food for geese, ducks and other poultry, where it is usually delivered by trucks for fish farms. I do not plan to build a fish farm, but I want to play with fish purchased at the market. I think the fish will not be very upset if, instead of someone else's pan, it ends up in the fountain. :lol:
Фото3118.jpg

It is not very easy to deliver stones, they are quite heavy and sometimes they are located a kilometer from my house, where there is no road and only a forest, but since I have little work now, and the snow has not yet fallen, I can have fun with it as much as I want.
In the summer I will probably order a sand dump truck, there are usually a lot of large stones in the sand. I can also buy stones, but here they are expensive, because there are few of them.
Фото3115.jpg

According to local geologists, most of these stones have been here since the Ice Age. These in particular are small, usually much larger.
The rock in the last photo is unfortunately too big to put in a wheelbarrow, there is no road there, so I'll just have to roll it through the forest. I tried it, it lends itself quite well, judging by the navigator it is about 500 m to my house, so I will roll it for more than one day. Most likely I will not have time, it will snow, and this action will be postponed until the summer, when goats will walk with me and I will have nothing to do while they eat grass and leaves of bushes.

We often collect these stones and make them flower beds or small fountains or edging for garden ponds.

Until the snow falls (here it falls at night now, but it melts during the day), I collect stones for the construction of a small fountain. I want to take this 1500 liter trough, make a concrete bowl under it, trim it all with stone, plant irises next to it and put up small stone statues of ducks that will spit there with jets of water. And I'll probably put the aquatic plants and the air supply hose in there so that I can put some fish in there.
View attachment 2903644
In the nearest town there is a food market where they sell, among other things, live river fish (they are usually bought to make soup or to fry in a frying pan). I am thinking of buying 1-2 fish and putting them into this small reservoir for the summer. Fish food can be ordered from the base where I buy food for geese, ducks and other poultry, where it is usually delivered by trucks for fish farms. I do not plan to build a fish farm, but I want to play with fish purchased at the market. I think the fish will not be very upset if, instead of someone else's pan, it ends up in the fountain. :lol:
View attachment 2903665
It is not very easy to deliver stones, they are quite heavy and sometimes they are located a kilometer from my house, where there is no road and only a forest, but since I have little work now, and the snow has not yet fallen, I can have fun with it as much as I want.
In the summer I will probably order a sand dump truck, there are usually a lot of large stones in the sand. I can also buy stones, but here they are expensive, because there are few of them.
View attachment 2903666
According to local geologists, most of these stones have been here since the Ice Age. These in particular are small, usually much larger.
The rock in the last photo is unfortunately too big to put in a wheelbarrow, there is no road there, so I'll just have to roll it through the forest. I tried it, it lends itself quite well, judging by the navigator it is about 500 m to my house, so I will roll it for more than one day. Most likely I will not have time, it will snow, and this action will be postponed until the summer, when goats will walk with me and I will have nothing to do while they eat grass and leaves of bushes.

We often collect these stones and make them flower beds or small fountains or edging for garden ponds.
You are a very determined man, Pasha. My hats off to you.

Yes, Pasha, you are to be commended!

I've done some stuff with stone, but most of them are small enough to pick up and carry.

Here's the really great thing about rocks: You put them where you want, and they stay there. They don't spread, or send out roots all over, or become invasive. And, they last forever.
I live in the hills, here is a heavy clay soil, unsuitable for farming. Therefore, I always fill up all the flower beds, beds and places for planting fruit and ornamental trees with old manure from the stable, as well as rotten compost.
The simplest thing i can think of here is just to fold a flower bed out of stones and pour it inside the old compost.
Over the past 20 years, I have probably collected a lot of stones here for these purposes ))

Back
Top Bottom