in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

She hasn't posted here in a while. I was rather surprised that I didn't see any posts on here showing off her new car.

She is on facebook still so she is ok. I think she has just been busy living life. You know how it is when you get your first car.. She also went to some kind of camp retreat this month. That is probably most of it.

She did post on another thread day before yesterday. Before that her last post was on this thread on the 16th

Last edited:
No I never had a first car, or a last car. I knew I could never afford the upkeep. Besides I never learned to drive, which is just as well, since I am prone to panic attacks. If everyone was honking at me for being too slow, or in the wrong lane or something, I probably would have slunk down &
hide.gif
Used to walk everywhere - dr.appts., dentist, grocery, in all kinds of weather to the tune of over 3,000 miles a year 2003,2004,2005 (had gps systems and all that junk - got obsessed with it.)

Then got sick of seeing the same scenery - I could do 20 miles a day - more but, not on consecutive days. Just burned out.

7 years ago I was old enough for the senior(free) bus - I fought it at first and then gave in because it was stupid to walk 4 hrs. a day(or more) when the bus could take me back and forth in 40 minutes. Plus my shoulders couldn't take the heavy backpack with groceries and ice blocks and junk like that. I had to go walk 7 days a week because I couldn't carry much at one time. I'm just a stubborn cuss and get very competitive.

, The most I walked recently was 14 miles on July 4th, I was mad the senior bus didn't run (no holidays) and I wanted to go to the movies etc. The movies are 11 miles round trip and then I headed out to another mall for lunch- the day was perfect walking weather, and I felt like the good old days, didn't even notice how blistered up my feet were till I got home and walked across the kitchen floor.(shoes on). Then I realized my feet were killing me. I had to take off 4or 5 days till they healed enough to get shoes back on.

Got to be more careful, I've got type 2 diabetes and I know you have to be very cautious about your feet etc. My brother has type 1 since he started college, many years ago. Usually now don't walk more than 4-5 miles and not very often. I still do love to walk if it isn;t hot or real sunny. Also have high cholesterol, Osteoporosis, and other stuff. Everyone told me I walked so much, I had to be very healthy - WRONG.

Too blabby, you are just easy to talk to. G'nite Rebel.

I am just use to everyone driving. Its 30 miles to the city (chattanooga). Closest small town is only 8 miles but its down the mountain.... No sidewalks, steep grade an winding roads... Not safe to walk. I have done it but not by choice..

She hasn't posted here in a while. I was rather surprised that I didn't see any posts on here showing off her new car.

She is on facebook still so she is ok. I think she has just been busy living life. You know how it is when you get your first car.. She also went to some kind of camp retreat this month. That is probably most of it.

She did post on another thread day before yesterday. Before that her last post was on this thread on the 16th
You been spying on me, Reb?
wink.png

But to be honest life's been rather lame lately. The day after I got home from that retreat I went in to work and found out I was laid off. When you already struggle with depression and anxiety and you have bills and rent to pay and just purchased a car so you have a loan on top of it all, getting laid off isn't the best thing to have happen. My job helped keep me focused and occupied, so since it happened I've been trying to deal with the stress and stuff that goes along with it. So far I haven't found another job. Still looking though.

Meanwhile I've been posting (slightly obsessively) on Instagram. And sold my chickens at auction so I'm down to just my 4 guinea hens. More chickens possibly in the spring.

So! New car! 01 Toyota RAV4. She's perfect.

Played a 12-string guitar a couple weeks ago

Went to a rodeo last Saturday (I haven't edited and posted all my pics from that. Hopefully that'll get done soon)

Some pics taken by a friend at the retreat (her photography page is awesome, btw. EJPhotography )

A panorama of the view at the top of the mountain where the camp is situated

Is there any way you could put some of your photo's on canvas or just sell them on ebay in frames?
At the hospital where I work a local photo group sell limited edition prints of their photo's A4 size or a bit bigger in frames for £40 or £50 each. Sorry I don't know how many dollars that is. Possibly 100-120 dollars?
Great christmas presents and I would buy them!

Back
Top Bottom