in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

Reb are you selling your fleet????
th.gif
Yep. I want to get me a 3/4 ton turbo diesel truck an eventually build a body like this to put on it

Then get one of these to pull behind it.

I have plans to put the house up for rent an hit the road sometime in the future so I want to start getting the right truck for the job now. I also currently have over $6K worth of cars. I try to keep it under $2K. A car is a tool. When you have to much invested in one you cant afford to use it like you would want to. That jeep is worth at least $3500. Way more than I can afford to take out in the woods an bounce off trees. Thats what jeeps are for an I cant afford to do it so why have it. The mustang, I am just going to get my butt killed in if I keep it. It also only makes about 16MPG..

Nice vehicles, Reb. I always thought my youngest would love to drive a Jeep. It goes anywhere, plenty of room for friends, etc.
Nope she wants the Dodge Mega Cab with the Cummins in it.
ep.gif

th.gif
Smart girl.

My Jeep eats 15MPG, halls 4 people with a max cargo capacity of 500 pounds. I have pulled cars behind it. It has the power to pull but not the weight to control it. Its also very dangerous. Its to short, to skinny an to tall. What they were built for is to go anywhere off road an to be light enough to pull out when it gets stuck just by the manpower it can carry... They are great at that an fun to drive but over all bad daily drivers. If you dont have another car it is a very bad choice.

My brothers "Dodge Mega Cab with the Cummins" makes 30MPG unloaded an can hall 6 people, 1500 pounds of payload an about 12000 pounds on a trailer an still get over 20MPG. It will also run off an leave my jeep in the dust. It wont fit in half the off road trails the jeep will though an if you get it stuck you will need a backhoe to dig its heavy butt out.

Was about to send you a PM on the jeep..... then you talked me out of it. :)
lol. I am good at that. When I sell something I want the buyer to know what he is getting... Jeeps are toys not cars. Once you get one you usually use it the same way you would a rail buggy. If you have room an the money for a rail you would probably like a jeep. If you dont know what you would need a rail for then a jeep would not fit ether. Hunters are the exception. Jeeps are great for hunting.

Back
Top Bottom