In Town Chickens?

MickGin

Hatching
Dec 11, 2022
Looking to move to GA, TN, SC, NC, or VA. Will not be able to afford an acreage or purchase in an Ag zoned area. What towns will allow me to have 3-5 hens in the backyard without paying tons of $$$ for a permit? (Also interested in somewhere that will allow ducks, too, but that is not a deal breaker.)

:frow Welcome from New Orleans. I would find some towns/cities that you were interested in living in, and call them to find out what, if any laws they have about livestock in your yard. I would try smaller cities or places where people have kept small livestock for decades. Good Luck

:frow Welcome from New Orleans. I would find some towns/cities that you were interested in living in, and call them to find out what, if any laws they have about livestock in your yard. I would try smaller cities or places where people have kept small livestock for decades. Good Luck

Spot on. Honestly, you can look at your proposed city's/area's local govt pages, and do a search on what their back yard chicken keeping policy is. Super easy to do. That should help you make your decisions. I live in Southern California, in a city/suburb, and we are allowed up to 5, no roosters, and you have to get permission from your adjacent neighbors. Just do your research ahead of time and you'll be able to make your choice informed and empowered!
Wishing you the best,
Yvette

Back
Top Bottom