Incandescent Light Bulb Ban...

knjinnm is right; there is not an actual ban.

The requirement is only that light bulbs be 30% more energy efficient than current incandescent bulbs.

In fact, there is a company near me in Santa Rosa that has developed technology that gets more light out of fewer watts using incandescent technology. It adds only a small additional cost to the bulb, and they are doing good business.

Specialty lights are exempt, and I am starting to see 75 watt heat lamps, which is good to see. 3-way incandescents are also exempt.

Halogen bulbs provide plenty of heat - but also lots of light for that heat.

The good news is that already the new rules have spurred innovation and energy efficiency. This is a good thing.

The answer to this problem is currently being developed, have no fear of the ban. Necessity is the mother of all invention. I am very new to the art of incubation, however I am very experienced in both IT and electronics. I am actually surprised that this hasn't been done before since it can be done much easier with electronics with much tighter tolerances and control for the same or less cost than the old light bulb, stat/hydrometer sitting in the in the incubator method. This will be a completely integrated Styrofoam container. Not with electrical boxes and 110acv/12dcv circuits running every which way. Even the commercial folks are still using antiquated heating elements. At any rate, I would welcome a couple of volunteers, are there any takers? Preliminary tests are very promising. Here is a sneak peak of the highly efficient integrated thermostat/heating board. Look, no bulbs or heating elements!

16l01vo.jpg

Happy hatching!

Did you find your volunteers? I'm interested.

Back
Top Bottom