Incessant head shaking. Im at a loss, please I need advice

Wow thanks everybody. She is the same.

I have given her Ivermectin, dusted her, wormed her with Valbazen and just this week started treating her with Tylan 50 orally.

Ok, understand I did not do this all at once. Im a veterinary tech and know better, but this has been going on for at least 2 months.

I think if she had a disease she would be dead already?? Shes not laying and shes now 8 months old. She always seems puffed up and droopy wings. She is the reason I put the heat lamp on at night, she can hardly wait to get up there under that heat lamp....

The thing that is killing me is that her poo is YELLOW. Where its usually got the white cap of uric acid, hers is yellow.

And alot of times its runny and yellow. Heck, she hardly poops at all and will barely eat anything with voracity but stupid Ritz crackers....

I honestly dont know how she is still alive sometimes. She is so very odd. The others are fine and they do not pick on her at all.

My only guess is she has blackhead (histomoniasis). I often have wild turkeys by my house and I think this could be it. However, there doesnt seem to be a drug to treat this. Maybe Flagyl?

here she is (The Auracana in front)

54076_maiden_of_chickens_dee_sprague_logo_013.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom