Inconsistent Air Sacs

christylynne11

Chirping
May 17, 2019
I have 26 duck eggs in my incubator, but I had to start lockdown 2 days early because a lot of them have already internally pipped. There are 3 different breeds in the bator (Ancona, Rouen, and Cayuga). The Rouens always hatch first. With 3 different breeds, they usually hatch over a 4 day span. Anyway, I noticed when I put them on lockdown that some of the air sacs are very large whereas others are very small. This occurred in all 3 breeds. What do you do when you have varying levels of air sac size and need to increase the size of some, but not others, at lockdown?? I only have one incubator.

The ones that internally pipped have. But of the ones that haven't, some of them have an air sac the size of day 7 whereas others are the appropriate size for day 28. They are currently at day 23. I raised my temp by half a degree this time and incubated at 100 because the last batch hatched on days 29-32 at 99.5.

I had 15 of 17 eggs make it to lockdown last time, and only 1 quit during lockdown. 1 other required assistance. None of those had especially small air sacs during the last 2 weeks. Idk, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom