Increasing Hatch rate of shipped eggs????

aurorarose25

Songster
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Mesa, Az
I tried a technique with my shipped chicken eggs of not turning them for the first 7 days in the bator and I have 8 out of 14 that are going crazy... Is there anything I can do to increase hatch rate for quail with their incubation time being shorter than chickens?

I have planned to get the GQF quail trays that hold 127 eggs and stack. i want to put them 2 stacked in the bator and tip entire bator for incubation time. Any thoughts on this idea? Please let me know....

thnx

oh ya first time with quail... It's getting addicting..
love.gif

Thats An Interesting Technique... Never Heard Of It. It Was Always My Understanding That What Finally Arrives Intact And Fertile Develops, Those That Werent Fertile To Begin With Or Did Not Fare Well In The Trip Dont

As For Tipping The Whole Bator Idea... How Are You Going To Keep Water In The Humidity Wells In The Bottom Of Your Incubator While Accomplishing This?

I wish I could videotape what the post person does. If there is a smelly box (it happens
sad.png
) My post office calls me and tells me that something happened on the journey.

What I found out recently, by NOT labeling Hatching eggs on the box, they arrive in better condition to the recipient. I mark "Fragile" and that's it. I should maybe mark "Fragile Fine Crystal" and see what happens
tongue.png

But not turning eggs is a great start as I did it to my waterfowl and now I have my babies here with me! Riffecreek told me about not turning eggs after shipping (keeping them in the bator but letting them settle for a couple days before starting the turning).

Yes But Riffe Creek Does It For A Different Reason... His Philosophy Is That The Eggs Have Already Reached A Temperature To Start Development And By Letting Them Settle In A Cool Environment You're Actually Killing The Already Developing Embryo

Back
Top Bottom