Increasing vertical space utilization for my setup, seeking suggestions

I will grab pics of inside. This is a doodle of a "chicken tree" kind of like a cat tree. Portable, paintable, hose-able, fits through people door. My watermaal are 400g birds and my d'anvers are 800g birds, so the perches don't need to be extra wide or need to support a heavy weight. Inside the coop I have a swing and I think I would remove the swing and make something like this to go inside and outside. What do you think?
That should work fine, more work than I'd put into building something though lol.

Keep in mind once I added all those branches/roosts, the run became the preferred sleeping location. Fine with me, everything is secure. Wish I knew before, then I wouldn't have overbuilt the coop, lol.

Personally I'd be getting some mulch or other bedding over that concrete; can't imagine that hard surface feels so great on their feet
Normally there is astroturf down, it's set out to dry after a cleaning.

I would ideally like things I can remove easily. This looks really cool but also impossible to treat for mites and keep clean. I had mites once and if it ever happens again I feel good knowing that I have gloss paint on every surface and filled in every crevice so no bug big or small can hide from me. Whatever goes in there needs to be able to come out for maintenance cleaning.

6AEEA186-327C-4E50-BFF2-4F913A6879D9.jpeg

Welcome to the Chicken Wing Physical therapy unit, aka fun run.
circled areas offer roosts and height. The logs centered are hollowed and off perfect juvenile escape portals or a nice quiet nap space. Second pic is view looking toward run door. The chick integration fence has since been removed
Outside I have an old spool table with a xmas tree inserted for shady naps, a pallet roost and old dining table for cover.
916723F3-87C4-4FCF-AE80-B90435667A02.jpeg

64CD0085-AC29-478A-BF51-3E8119738400.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom