incubate fertilized egg that is 3 weeks old store at basement

I have two tiny goslings that like to take little walks with me, and they frequently run into/around/over my feet. I have to be really careful to avoid stepping on one or accidently bowling one over! ☺️

I posted about incubating washed and refrigerated eggs - with good results - some time ago, so I'm all about trying a hatch even if there is a risk it may not turn out as well as hoped.

A concern I'd have about hatching eggs stored for that long, though, is that if they haven't been turned frequently, the yolks may already be sticking to the air cells, which won't be helpful for chicks that may develop. Not trying to be a naysayer, just wanted to put it out there for consideration. 🙂
Can you still remember the title of your washed and refridgerated egg incubation post ? i would like to have a read too.. to learn some from you.
If i start turning the egg daily while incubating, will that "undo " the sticking yolk to air sack ?

Sure - the thread is here. 😁 I was surprised at the hatch rate, and ended up with some nice birds from "eating" eggs.

Turning them now wouldn't hurt, but I don't know if it would "unstick" ones that have already stuck...but worth a try! I turn my stored eggs at least 3 times a day (always an odd number of times).

Sure - the thread is here. 😁 I was surprised at the hatch rate, and ended up with some nice birds from "eating" eggs.

Turning them now wouldn't hurt, but I don't know if it would "unstick" ones that have already stuck...but worth a try! I turn my stored eggs at least 3 times a day (always an odd number of times).
Why odd number ? Hen won't know how to count.. lol:p:p

Right...but the idea is that if you turn an odd number of times, it ensures that the egg isn't consistently spending the longest period (overnight) on the same side. 😉
I see, i was just rolling away when candling.. i was thinking it is the same with the mother hen.. lol . sometime just no time to do 3 turns.. became 2 flipping

Hii,
Is it possible to successfully incubate 3 weeks old fertilized chicken egg ?
My friend has 10 eggs of such condition (kept in basement) wants me to try to incubate.

Thanks
Andrew
Yes, it is possible if they were stored at the right temperature and humidity and the parent birds were healthy and well fed.

I have successfully hatched eggs 4 weeks old and send by mail.

By the way, the orphan chick was with me in garden today.. it sticks to me like a glue. Wherever i go and do in garden, it insist follow and tag along. Scare will step on it.. lol

As i have said, i never raise only a single chick like this time..
Your little orphan adopted you as a mother hen surrogate. Now you will have to let it nestle and sleep under your shirt at night just like a momma hen. :D

Your little orphan adopted you as a mother hen surrogate. Now you will have to let it nestle and sleep under your shirt at night just like a momma hen. :D
LOL I don't mind that, but it stick to me like a glue, and chirp no stop when i am no around. Headache. When will it grow up of it i wonder ...

Prepare yourself for some more weeks and maybe get ear plugs...:p

Or get some more chicks, which would be the best for all of you involved.
I have no idea where to get some chick.. i can't afford to have more than4.. as i don't have backyard. they will have to be like house pet...

Back
Top Bottom