Incubating 1 Egg! Hatch Along With Me! Need A Hatching Buddy!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

How do you know for sure if the egg is dead?
hu.gif

The good news is that the 12 guinea eggs I stuck under a broody this morning all have little keets growing in them! ( Like I NEED more guineas ... )

lol.png
Today my dad and I went to the feed store to get some flea killer stuff for the yard...and they were selling chicks, keets, and little duckies.
tongue.png
I was so close to convincing him to let me get guineas.....maybe I should order some guinea eggs with chicken eggs, hatch them, and then say I had no idea that there were any guinea eggs in the mix.....it might just work...
wink.png

Not sure about how to tell if an egg is dead though...I'm no expert on that
hu.gif

Quote:
lol.png
Today my dad and I went to the feed store to get some flea killer stuff for the yard...and they were selling chicks, keets, and little duckies.
tongue.png
I was so close to convincing him to let me get guineas.....maybe I should order some guinea eggs with chicken eggs, hatch them, and then say I had no idea that there were any guinea eggs in the mix.....it might just work...
wink.png

Not sure about how to tell if an egg is dead though...I'm no expert on that
hu.gif

You shoulda' got some!
big_smile.png

Sad to hear about the possible quitting egg
sad.png

From my experience if you can see the ring of death circling the whole egg, then its a gonner. And if the veins are really hard to see, its like they almost get reabsorbed when they stop growing, i guess its just cos you can't see any blood flowing through them anymore.

The only other real tell is when the egg in question isn't as well along- or not grown as much as the others.

Mine still seem to be going good, will candle again tonight I think, see if I can see any movement yet
tongue.png

Fluffy, too bad about your egg, so sorry.
I have another quitter, but the remaining 10 are doing well as far as I can tell. I put 3 of them under my OEGB hen who has gone broody. I think I will give her one more today, then the rest go into lockdown tomorrow!
I am canceling my internet service so I wont be able to post much, but I will let you know how it turns out...
good luck everyone!

Back
Top Bottom