Incubating and hatching eggs chat thread!!

Pics
In the past, my first 2 Brinseas were spot on, any calibrated thermo I put in, matched. So, I trusted them. But my 3rd, is off by 3 full degrees (F). So, you should calibrate the extra thermo - if it is calibrated, then the Brinsea is off. But, Brinsea prides itself on their calibrated machines.

Again, your best bet would be calibrating your thermo....

Good luck!

I have 2 Brinsea Octagon. But, when I got my mini, the temp said 104. So, no, it may not be that simple. My first 2 were perfect, 3rd was a bust. I'm hoping you are running the other 2. If you are, confirm the temps in those with the thermometers. Then you have the confirmation. But, if you have the option, the Brinsea Spot Check thermometer is the best double check. I can always be confident.

Hi all when I read the incubator instructions it's says eggs to stay at 38.2 eggs in but it's buzzing around 37.6..panick panick.not used to this way of incubation as a kid we put a bedside lamp some water in a box and turned the eggs by hand.only have 5 eggs in ATM do I up the temp a bit ? It's a janoel 24 machine

I don't know that incubator or the reliability. Is it still air?

I had the thermometers in the incubator before I put the eggs in. They are where the eggs will sit.

I understand that to mean that the temp is reading the floor. So it would be much lower, as the top of the eggs is where you want to read it. It doesn't mean they are faulty.

The Brinsea thermometer is reading at the very top (just below the fan). You said you have other Brinseas. If you spot-checked around your others it would show different, though acceptable temps also.

It's forced air.

Idk how sensitive it is. Were you running it empty for hours to days first and on target? If so, give it time for the eggs to warm up. If not, it may need a slight increase. But idk this bator.

I would make sure you know what you are looking at when you candle. I am not good at it and have made a grave mistake in the process. I have lost two perfectly fine and fertile eggs this way. One I dropped and one other was alive when I went to discard it. I clearly made mistakes. So sad......
We all make mistakes, but we learn from them. I had my humidity way too high last time I used my incubator. Only 3 eggs hatched, and in researching what I did wrong, it's a wonder those 3 made it. But now I know how to correct my mistakes and next time I'm hoping for better results.

You always look at the overall picture. If it has a problem with locomotion it will only get worse over time. If it doesn't cause secondary problems,interactions with the other poultry surely will.

Back
Top Bottom