Incubating and hatching eggs chat thread!!

Pics

KaylorFarms

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 3, 2017
Oklahoma
Hello! Has anyone had any experience hatching eggs? Or incubating? Has anyone gotten their eggs off ebay? If so, how many hatched?

Anyone want to join?

I got a pip! First pip with a shipped egg!
20170522_225719.jpg

Hello! Has anyone had any experience hatching eggs? Or incubating? Has anyone gotten their eggs off ebay? If so, how many hatched?

Anyone want to join?
Yes I'm a seller on eBay and have sold hundreds of dozens and have had 6 people only complain sometimes the post office beats them up bad other times they can be infertile I had one case of infertile I had 2 roosters in with them and clearly they weren't doing there job so I ended up switching them out but from what I have noticed on eBay is there are good sellers and bad just like some good buyers and bad I've experienced 1 buyer who claim chicks where wrong breed then sent me pic of chicks that were copper mad And yet I have none on my farm so they lied to eBay to get a full refund I had another buyer lie about them being store bought eggs to get a full refund and later saw them selling the chicks on a different siter recently I've had someone complain the giant blue cochins I have hatched with no feathers on there feet which I've hatch hundreds and never not one didn't have feathers and some people just like to be difficult and want free stuff so you need to be careful of that as well so when your looking at eBay feedback you need to look more at 200 good feedback not the 3 or 5 bad because some people just enjoy messing with you and getting free stuff it's not fair to the good sellers like me I have wonderful feedback I package great and have tons of buyers send me pics of there new babies and when I say I get 90% at home I do some I get 98% because I know what I'm doing and I don't do nearly what there saying here to do I set incubator to temp unless my eBay bought incubator beeps at me I do nothing I don't ad extra water during hatching I don't put temp down and I have great hatches and I constantly open during "lockdown" if it pips I open it a little and check every day if it's not out w in 24 he of pip I take it out some eggs are so hard I've had to make a whole for them I'm not going to let them die in egg and there fine the eBay incubators are what I've used for 3 yrs now and have 4 going at all times some come in not great so you contact seller and buy the part and fix it or if you get a full refund you keep it for good parts or sell good parts on eBay that people need I have never had luck w other incubators are chicken farming is expensive enough to spend 1000 dollars on a incubator I would rather but good feed for my hundreds of chickens and I've hatched 20,000 chicks since Jan 2017 out of eBay non brand incubator with yellow top I've had one that I first bought and still is running where the rest have died I recommend always getting the 96 so you can do a small or big hatch and if you do 48 you'll have and extra Turner tray and motor just in case

Yes I'm a seller on eBay and have sold hundreds of dozens and have had 6 people only complain sometimes the post office beats them up bad other times they can be infertile I had one case of infertile I had 2 roosters in with them and clearly they weren't doing there job so I ended up switching them out but from what I have noticed on eBay is there are good sellers and bad just like some good buyers and bad I've experienced 1 buyer who claim chicks where wrong breed then sent me pic of chicks that were copper mad And yet I have none on my farm so they lied to eBay to get a full refund I had another buyer lie about them being store bought eggs to get a full refund and later saw them selling the chicks on a different siter recently I've had someone complain the giant blue cochins I have hatched with no feathers on there feet which I've hatch hundreds and never not one didn't have feathers and some people just like to be difficult and want free stuff so you need to be careful of that as well so when your looking at eBay feedback you need to look more at 200 good feedback not the 3 or 5 bad because some people just enjoy messing with you and getting free stuff it's not fair to the good sellers like me I have wonderful feedback I package great and have tons of buyers send me pics of there new babies and when I say I get 90% at home I do some I get 98% because I know what I'm doing and I don't do nearly what there saying here to do I set incubator to temp unless my eBay bought incubator beeps at me I do nothing I don't ad extra water during hatching I don't put temp down and I have great hatches and I constantly open during "lockdown" if it pips I open it a little and check every day if it's not out w in 24 he of pip I take it out some eggs are so hard I've had to make a whole for them I'm not going to let them die in egg and there fine the eBay incubators are what I've used for 3 yrs now and have 4 going at all times some come in not great so you contact seller and buy the part and fix it or if you get a full refund you keep it for good parts or sell good parts on eBay that people need I have never had luck w other incubators are chicken farming is expensive enough to spend 1000 dollars on a incubator I would rather but good feed for my hundreds of chickens and I've hatched 20,000 chicks since Jan 2017 out of eBay non brand incubator with yellow top I've had one that I first bought and still is running where the rest have died I recommend always getting the 96 so you can do a small or big hatch and if you do 48 you'll have and extra Turner tray and motor just in case
Pretty honest reply and I notice you didn't include contact info:thumbsup:goodpost:I would like add something here after experiencing ebay hatching . I would recommend that first time hatchers buy local inexpensive eggs . Very disappointing to spend loads of money on ebay,to hatch one chick due to inexperience . And try and find an ebayer that is local and do farm pickup if possible . We would like every first time hatcher to have a good experience . So many are disappointed and never try again . This is sad because the safest and healthiest chicken is the one you hatch yourself . Also to any who are first timers,please ask loads of questions even if they seem stupid,and have been asked hundreds of times. we hope with help and good advice your first hatch will be a great memorable experience .

Wow! I don't think i will get my eggs off ebay

It's not necessarily ebay though. Shipped eggs period have a low expectancy. I have a friend who shipped me silkie eggs. She is an awesome packer/shipper. Had a great hatch. Another friend shipped her eggs, dismal hatch. She shipped the other girl eggs same thing. They both had dismal hatches. The route and hubs between them were not very nice to eggs. She's shipped to many people who have had good hatches. Extreme Elevation differences will also play a role. Of course how they are packed will be a big factor. But even the best packed eggs handled roughly by the PO system will suffer. You always take a risk with shipped eggs.

Best place to get eggs is from a local breeder if you can find them.

Pick them up don't use mail.

I have had a couple decent hatches from eBay. But my last purchase of 300 pheasant eggs. I'm down to about 100 or so most so scrambled never developed. Boxes got crushed and lost 70 busted on first round. Seller replaced.

If you get eggs from mail try to find a seller within a state or 2 close. So trip is short. With shipped eggs 50 percent hatch most often will be considered good

Back
Top Bottom