Incubating and hatching eggs, help first timer

kelltang93

Chirping
Feb 2, 2022
I have 3 eggs that I'm incubating, do the air cells look big enough? I'm worried because it doesn't show enough growth to make day 10 and it's day 13.

Attachments

• 20220217_030108.jpg
    20220217_030108.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220217_030135.jpg
    20220217_030135.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220217_030042.jpg
    20220217_030042.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 4
I had a home made incubator and some of my eggs would look so much more different than others. One even took 45 days and was just fine! The temperature was probably not exactly right. I had turned them religiously though and kept it humid. I would only get a couple at a time to hatch out of maybe 6 eggs. They were duck eggs. I never had any explode by keeping them in there for as long as I thought there was a chance. Good Luck with yours.

I had a home made incubator and some of my eggs would look so much more different than others. One even took 45 days and was just fine! The temperature was probably not exactly right. I had turned them religiously though and kept it humid. I would only get a couple at a time to hatch out of maybe 6 eggs. They were duck eggs. I never had any explode by keeping them in there for as long as I thought there was a chance. Good Luck with yours.
Thanks for the feedback.

I have 3 eggs that I'm incubating, do the air cells look big enough? I'm worried because it doesn't show enough growth to make day 10 and it's day 13
This was one of mine on day 13, a few days later she had started filling the shell properly. She finished hatching out of her egg 3 days late, day 31, but was just fine. My incubator isn't the best, and the humidity was quite high for her for the sake of my second egg, so she was a little slowed.
But still fine!
Yours looks fine to me. As long as you have strong movement I wouldn't worry. You might just want to check your temp, do you have multiple thermometers? Incubators tend to be a little off

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220217-200335_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220217-200335_Gallery.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 6
This was one of mine on day 13, a few days later she had started filling the shell properly. She finished hatching out of her egg 3 days late, day 31, but was just fine. My incubator isn't the best, and the humidity was quite high for her for the sake of my second egg, so she was a little slowed.
But still fine!
Yours looks fine to me. As long as you have strong movement I wouldn't worry. You might just want to check your temp, do you have multiple thermometers? Incubators tend to be a little off
I'm going to put one in around 10 tonight when the hygrometer/thermometer gets calibrated, it's meant for indoors so I haven't used it but BYC recommended the one I have so I'm going to try tonight. Do you think it's too early to take the other three eggs or no? They are turning yellow.

I'm going to put one in around 10 tonight when the hygrometer/thermometer gets calibrated, it's meant for indoors so I haven't used it but BYC recommended the one I have so I'm going to try tonight. Do you think it's too early to take the other three eggs or no? They are turning yellow.
could you post a candling pic of the 3 you think arent fertile? If on day 13, you should have seen development by now

Back
Top Bottom