mya_975

In the Brooder
Sep 24, 2022
I started hatching eggs for the first time ever and started off with 9 eggs and I lost two during early stages when I checked the eggs on day 18 they were all moving and doing well I put them into lockdown and on day 19 at around 9am I saw one had pipped, came back a few hours later and it was zipped and a few minutes after that it was completely out and is doing great! But I’ve not seen any other eggs start to Pip. I do see some spots that could be a Pip but also it may be because the chick that hatched was falling all over them with its beak haha. But should I be worried that the rest are not pipping. I know it’s still early but I’m a little worried!

Thank you so much! I grew up in the city with only dogs and cats and moved out onto land this will be my first time ever caring for livestock. I do think I see pipping on a few but the one who did hatch has been running around like a maniac and falling all over them with its beak making marks. Do you think that could harm them? Like him moving them around?

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I grew up in the city with only dogs and cats and moved out onto land this will be my first time ever caring for livestock. I do think I see pipping on a few but the one who did hatch has been running around like a maniac and falling all over them with its beak making marks. Do you think that could harm them? Like him moving them around?
Na, he won't harm them. Keeping a hatched chick in there can actually encourage the others to hatch (in my experience anyways 🤣) I normally give them 30ish hours in the incubator from first chick hatching, then quickly remove any fluffed up chicks and eggshells.

Last edited:
I started hatching eggs for the first time ever and started off with 9 eggs and I lost two during early stages when I checked the eggs on day 18 they were all moving and doing well I put them into lockdown and on day 19 at around 9am I saw one had pipped, came back a few hours later and it was zipped and a few minutes after that it was completely out and is doing great! But I’ve not seen any other eggs start to Pip. I do see some spots that could be a Pip but also it may be because the chick that hatched was falling all over them with its beak haha. But should I be worried that the rest are not pipping. I know it’s still early but I’m a little

Back
Top Bottom