Incubating and Hatching

I have two thermostats inside the still air incubator. I’m pretty sure that the temp has been at 98.5-99.5.
Still air should be 101.5. measured at the top of the eggs.

Cause for hatch failure starts around page 52 of the following link.. one of my favorite hatching resources..

https://www.hubbardbreeders.com/media/incubation_guideen__053407700_1525_26062017.pdf

Something is a miss with your low temps and yet early hatchers.

The ones I've seen so far do look dead.

Sorry for your experience. Hopefully we can help get it figured out. :fl

Final report:
2 internal zip but no movement now.
2 look viable with blood vein but no movement
The rest are full of liquid.
My painful experience of rising/keeping humidity high thinking it would prevent shrink wrap…
So sad and sorry… little chicks…

Still air should be 101.5. measured at the top of the eggs.

Cause for hatch failure starts around page 52 of the following link.. one of my favorite hatching resources..

https://www.hubbardbreeders.com/media/incubation_guideen__053407700_1525_26062017.pdf

Something is a miss with your low temps and yet early hatchers.

The ones I've seen so far do look dead.

Sorry for your experience. Hopefully we can help get it figured out. :fl
Thank you!!!
Should I keep the two with red vein, little liquid but no movement?

Of the images you shared these all look like they passed prior to hatch day which is why you see a lot of additional fluid from the body decomposing. The chick that pipped you would see the beak moving while breathing if it were alive. I'm sorry it has been such a difficult hatch for you.

Also, when using a still air incubator I never had to set it above 100F to get an average of 99.5F and I avoided the hot and cold spots but you can also rotate the eggs around so none of them are sitting in one place too long. Using a still air incubator is a bit more challenging than a forced air incubator.

Final report:
2 internal zip but no movement now.
2 look viable with blood vein but no movement
The rest are full of liquid.
My painful experience of rising/keeping humidity high thinking it would prevent shrink wrap…
So sad and sorry… little chicks…

I would wait a bit longer for the 2 with active blood vessels just to be sure but as mentioned above, don't get your hopes up because if they're alive they're unlikely to hatch because you should at the very least see the beaks even if they haven't pipped internally, otherwise they're malpositioned.
I know these are the worst learning experiences when hatching chicks.
Sending big hugs! :hugs :hugs :hugs

Hi CluckNDoodle,
Thank you so much for your advice and kind words… it’s truly the worst and the safest hatching I ever experienced…

Also special thank-you to Barnyardchaos, Eggsighted4life, and wyorp-rock for your timely helpful advice!!!

You all helped me greatly. I truly appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom