Incubating Dewlap Toulouse Goose Eggs

rvrseaotter

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I'm pretty new here and this is my first time posting about geese. I just purchased five Dewlap Toulouse eggs and would love some incubation advice or a link to a page if one already exists. I have found info that talks about spraying them daily, some say immerse them in water...just looking for some clarifications and suggestions from those that have successfully hatched. i recently hatched some Ancona Ducks and would like to know how much different the process will be for the goose eggs. Thanks a bunch for sharing your knowledge and your time. :)

There is an excellent comprehensive post on hatching goose eggs somewhere on here. Can't find it. Hopefully someone else can. It's 5+ years old and believe the author was Paul. Find it. Has excellent candling pictures.
Eggs were Toulouse.

Hi Everyone,
I'm pretty new here and this is my first time posting about geese. I just purchased five Dewlap Toulouse eggs and would love some incubation advice or a link to a page if one already exists. I have found info that talks about spraying them daily, some say immerse them in water...just looking for some clarifications and suggestions from those that have successfully hatched. i recently hatched some Ancona Ducks and would like to know how much different the process will be for the goose eggs. Thanks a bunch for sharing your knowledge and your time. :)

Where did you get those eggs or is there more for sale? I was told the dewlap has the worst fertility.

Please keep us updated and post pictures I'm very interested to see how your geese turn out!!

Good luck!!

There seems to be a lotta negative feedback on Dewlapped Toulouse fertility. I am almost certain my pair are achieving 100% fertility this year ...... and in all probability the 5 previous years. The require a pond with at least 6-8 inches of water and it ought to be about 4ft diameter in order to successfully copulate. I fear there are a boatload of people out there in who are ignorant of the need for a pond for geese.

I started w/ 2 hatched eggs from a person who bought geese from Holderread Farm. My pair of GD Toulouse are 6 yrs old. My goose laid eggs at 1 yr old & hatched 10 in her nest that spring. She stepped on 5 of the goslings ..... I managed to save 5. Geese need at least a 6 inch deep pond that is about 4 ft diameter in order to breed. My pair of GD Toulouse have always had close to 100% fertility. This year my goose has laid about 35 eggs. She has had 17 eggs brooding in her nest for a 1 week. 8 of her eggs hatched (now 1 week old goslings) beneath by my #1 muscovy hen. These geese are supposed to live 23-25 years. text me @ 509-901-8119. Tampicoguy

I started w/ 2 hatched eggs from a person who bought geese from Holderread Farm. My pair of GD Toulouse are 6 yrs old. My goose laid eggs at 1 yr old & hatched 10 in her nest that spring. She stepped on 5 of the goslings ..... I managed to save 5. Geese need at least a 6 inch deep pond that is about 4 ft diameter in order to breed. My pair of GD Toulouse have always had close to 100% fertility. This year my goose has laid about 35 eggs. She has had 17 eggs brooding in her nest for a 1 week. 8 of her eggs hatched (now 1 week old goslings) beneath by my #1 muscovy hen. These geese are supposed to live 23-25 years. text me @ 509-901-8119. Tampicoguy
Do you still have and sell dewlap toulouse eggs or chicks?

Back
Top Bottom