Incubating Duck Eggs With RCOM20 - not turning fully !

janz70

Songster
Jul 4, 2017
N.E. UK
Hi all.

I have 18 duck eggs (white / khaki /dark campbells) in the RCOM20 now with the temp at 37.5'C / humidity 50%. I am finding after marking either side of the eggs that when the eggs are turned (this unit moves the floor to left and right to turn) as the eggs are large it is not turning the eggs 180 degrees only about 90 to 100 degrees and then back again, so they are not getting a full turn - now does really this matter ?

PS - I am also turning them 180 degrees 3 times a day just to make sure

I have an RCom20 and yes it doesn't turn the whole half way on most of my eggs. I label them D and N. Since I have penhen eggs in right now they don't turn the whole half turn. In the morning I alternate starting the day with D or N. I've hatched out a lot of babies with this incubator and have only had it 3 months! Happy hatching! :jumpy

thanks , I will give that a go

does anybody bother misting with a spray or letting the eggs cool for a short time ?
I haven't ever done that. It is interesting. I would give it a go if I hadn't spent $80 on my duck eggs. ;) I'd try it out on some free ones first. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom