Magpie cross w/ BS or KC

Violanna

Songster
Nov 25, 2022
DFW Texas
So I am currently incubating duck eggs. 5 of them were laid by my magpie hen. I have 2 drakes, a black Swedish and a khaki Campbell. My magpie is not breed standard, so I’m not 100% sure she is purebred but believe she is as she matches a few of the magpies I have seen pictures of from both the hatchery (Ideal Poultry) and other magpie owners. I am wondering though, if they are for sure from a magpie hen will they develop quicker? They are on day 7 right now and all developing very well but it’s still too early to know if they will be closer to 18 day hatch or 28 day.

Also has anyone ever crossed these breeds and have pictures? I have searched and found others ask about the cross but no pictures.

I would expect that they would hatch in the 28 day range. You may want to lockdown a bit early.
Luckily I will be checking them twice a week because we are doing this as a homeschool science project for my kids. They are doing the candling and recording their findings. We are on day 10 and so far have 11/14 doing really well!

Back
Top Bottom