Incubating ducks for the first time

Ok and what are air cells?
When you candle an egg from the large end, you should see a clear circular area; that is the air cell. The air cell is formed by contractions of the membranes after the egg is laid. It will continue to grow in size during incubation, and is the source of the chick’s first breath of air.

Ok and what are air cells?
These are air cells:
aircellschickenwaterfowlturkey.gif

I dont know if you can tell or not but the other spots have holes

Do I see plastic covers over some of the channels?
If so, I would assume those are restricting the humidity. 30-40% is fine to start, but you will need to figure out how to get it much higher for the final 3 days. If those are covers over the channels, take them out and check it again.

Otherwise, if the channels are all full, your gage has to be off, or you don’t have a good seal between the top and bottom, or a window is letting it out. Vent holes should be open.

Do I see plastic covers over some of the channels?
If so, I would assume those are restricting the humidity. 30-40% is fine to start, but you will need to figure out how to get it much higher for the final 3 days. If those are covers over the channels, take them out and check it again.

Otherwise, if the channels are all full, your gage has to be off, or you don’t have a good seal between the top and bottom, or a window is letting it out. Vent holes should be open.
The plastic is what it said to put the water in. It covers the whole bottom. Should I try with out it?

Back
Top Bottom