incubating eggs that have been in the fridge?

JimnTer

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 16, 2012
When I went down to feed tonight, I found that another one of my hens has gone broody. She bit me when I tried to check under her for eggs, which I normally ignore and check/take anyway but I figured she has at best 2 bantam eggs and maybe one large one. I would like to add a bunch more eggs under her but everything I have right now is in the fridge. I think it would probably be a waste of time to put these under her, but would like to hear what the rest of you think.

I woudnt put a bunch under her but you can take a few of the newest say 4 more let them sit over night and room temp to warm up and see if she will be accepting of you putting them under her tammrow , refridgerating does effect hatching eggs but people have done it with eggs sucsefully befor there own and others and even store bought eggs. Have fun.

My broody silkie hatched 2 refrigerated eggs. Like you, I didn't think they would hatch, but out they came. They are still doing great.

Thanks. I ended up buying a dozen eggs from someone locally. These had been refridgerated also, but I have them warming up and will put them under my hen in an hour or so. They will be due to hatch on the 26th. I have a duck setting right now that should be due about the same time.

Back
Top Bottom