Incubating eggs that have been refrigerated?

SEP Board

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2016
Can you incubate eggs successfully if they've been in the refrigerator? If so, any special things to be done? Thank you.

There's a thread on here about getting eggs from trader joes grocery. . You should check it out..Some people claim great luck.. others not so much....
Personally I haven't tryed it.. but I'd say depends on how cold your fridge is... some fridges are real cold.. some others not so much..
I store my eggs in a wine cooler set at 55 degrees. You could just try it..
I'd let eggs warm up to room temperature before putting in incubator

Can you incubate eggs successfully if they've been in the refrigerator? If so, any special things to be done? Thank you.

I have a friend that keeps his in the refrigerator in his shop he has it turned up but its still around 45 degrees. His eggs hatch just fine. the beer is hot though. I keep mine in a wine cooler set at 60 degrees.

Fridge is set at 39 degrees. Eggs have been in there less than a week, unwashed. Just curious if I could use some of them with what I've collected (at room temp) for the next incubation.

Fridge is set at 39 degrees.  Eggs have been in there less than a week, unwashed.  Just curious if I could use some of them with what I've collected (at room temp) for the next incubation. 

Like I said some people have had great luck.. if you got the room in incubator. . Might as well try it.. if it don't work. .no biggie

Fridge is set at 39 degrees. Eggs have been in there less than a week, unwashed. Just curious if I could use some of them with what I've collected (at room temp) for the next incubation.

It can't hurt to try. Put a mark on them so you will know the ones that were in the fridge and give it a try. Let us know if they hatch.

I saw a thread about packing shipped eggs, and they did refrigerated eggs and had success. Might be under the learning center either under incubating/hatching or ... I can't remember, but see if you can find @Sally Sunshine and another is @TJordan . They both seem to have quite a bit of hatching experience.

Hope it help, Good luck!

Thanks everyone. I'll take a look for some threads. I took about 8 out of the fridge to go with the one's I've been collecting. I washed and sanitized the incubator and set it up to get up to a steady temp. I'll place the eggs in tonight. That will give the eggs from the fridge like 8 or 9 hours to warm up gradually.

So far I've had 11 of the 25 hatch. At least 3 were the refrigerated eggs. So yes, it can be done
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom