Incubating eggs to hatch about August 8th

I haven't ordered yet. I am waiting until tomorrow. I have been stalking a couple of threads and they have Buy it Now and some 24 hour auctions. I am hoping a certain member posts to sell tomorrow. If not I will be sending a PM.

I set 11 India Blue and 1 white peafowl egg on the 11th, so they should hatch by the 8th. I am going to have to stop hatching, but I just promise myself one more...LOL

HI! I have Bantam Cochin eggs coming on Thursday for my broody(also a bantam cochin). Can I join in??? It is the first time I am hatching with a broody and her first time hatching eggs as well
smile.png

I love Cochins! I hatched out some bantam cochins earlier this Spring. I had one Frizzle. She is so cute. Her name is Buffy.

Just by coincidence I set 30 peafowl eggs and 8 Guinea fowl eggs on the 12th (due the 8-8), they were all shipped in eggs of unknown age/genetics so we will see what happens... Also got a few smaller chicken eggs from my new hens I might set in the next few days to hatch on the same day, with a few more locally obtained peafowl eggs to hatch a week later...

I would love to have peafowl but I would want to free range them and my hubby is afraid they would roost on the cars. :)
They probably will, we used to free range peas when I was younger and no matter how many roosting areas we constructed all over the farm they preferred roosting on the cars in the driveway, especially any visitors cars...

Ack! Staggered hatch
sickbyc.gif

Staggered hatches are the norm for me, been hatching out eggs pretty much every week this year out of one incubator with an overall 94% hatch rate for the year... That will probably drop now with shipped in eggs, but not because of the staggered hatches...

Last edited:
Welcome all! I am stilltrying to bet my bator temp to stabalize. I totally wasn't ready for eggs. I had planned on getting things ready tomorrow. Oh well. They qre bonus eggs just for fun anyway but I hate for anything to go to waste. Hope I get something out of them.

Back
Top Bottom