Incubating Eggs Tomorrow!

beckstar

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 15, 2011
Delta, BC, Canada
Tomorrow I am setting my duck and chicken eggs in our newly made incubator! After our first try was so unsuccessful we spiffed up our incubation technique and although it is still homemade and not at all high-tech, it is much better regulated than our previous set up. I've made a styrofoam incubator modeled off some designs I've seen on this forum. Wish me luck with these babies!
fl.gif

Good luck! Hope it works out for you this time. Sometimes I wish I'd made a homemade one rather than spend all of the money on a Brinsea, then again, I love the stable humidity feature on the Brinsea.

Thanks!! I think down the road I will invest in a commercial incubator, that way I can set more eggs as well, but for now I'd just like to have a successful hatch first!

Best of luck to you! What breeds are you setting?

I just set seven blue laced red wyandottes. I'm so excited!

I've bought a wine fridge that we're going to remodel into an incubator, but for now, I'm sticking with my Brinsea Mini Advance.

Exciting! Good luck with the design of your new incubator
smile.png

My ducks are 3/4 Indian Runner - not sure of the other part - we got them from a garden center as babies, they are hilarious, and great egg-layers!

The chickens are RIR's.

Hopefully all works out! The incubator seems to be working like a charm, holding a steady temp of 101.8 and a humidity of 50% which is easy to raise!

Back
Top Bottom