incubating emu eggs

bennieb31

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
this is my first time incubating emu eggs. i have don pheasant and chicken and duck eggs. i have a gqf 1270 with auto turner and i have my trays set up for emu eggs and i also have have the temp at 97.5 and humidity at 30% i was wondering do i need to turn them by hand as well? the guy i got the incubator from incubated emu eggs and gave me information on it. he also told me to that i need to turn them by hand. is there other things i need to watch? i have chicken, the duck and pheasant egg hatch figured out and get about 85-90% hatches. just would like to know more about the emu eggs and make shore i do it right.

You both should check out the hatch a long thread, it's 124 pages of life saving information! I'd almost garauntee you that any question you may have regarding the incubation of an emu has already been answered in detail by several other members on that thread. I know it's kind of inconvenient to look for specific information on there but trust me it would be well worth it to take the time to just sit down & read the entire thread, I'd also grab a pencil/paper to take notes! I think a lot of times when people start new threads like this one (first timers or asking how to incubate emu eggs in general) the reason they go unanswered is because the same questions have already been answered dozens of times on the "Anyone up for a hatch a long?" thread.

I wish you both luck!! I just had 3 emu chicks hatch & am still waiting on one more to then I'm also setting some Rhea eggs in April :)

3 and 1 on the way?! How very exciting! Thank you for answering, I have been lurking a bit on the EMU hatch thread, lots of great info, thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom