Incubating in a high humid country.

FijianMoa

In the Brooder
Nov 3, 2016
Fiji
Hey everyone,

Just got ourselves a handful of quail and a brand spanking new Brinsea incubator :)

So... we live in Fiji and today the humidity is 82% which is normal but will be getting worse as we get into summer proper. Admittedly we do live in a rainforest up in the mountains where it is cooler and I'm assuming lower humidity but probably not by too much as it does rain a lot in a rainforest lol.

So we've placed some chicken eggs in the incubator as a tester and have been adding water into one of the pots but I have a feeling that the humidity is crazy high, need to definitely get a humidity reader just to know exactly what it is. They've been in there 7 days and we've candled but pics are not matching up with pics we've seen online on what they're supposed to look like.

I guess my long winded question is - is dry incubating fine for quails for where we are living and just boost humidity in the last few days? I've had a hard time trying to find answers about using an incubator in a tropical country. This forum has been a Godsend!!!

Thanks for your help!

Good point haha. Have to hunt around here to find one - Amazon doesn't post to Fiji!

So if we do find that the humidity is super high - dry incubating would be the way to go?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom