Incubating in my bra

I'd suggest growing it out a few weeks then eating it.

Run some local eggs thru your bator and if they do ok I'll send you more eggs.
I'll think about it. Hard to think about eating them when they're so tiny, lol. Not even nugget sized right now. Also my child might murder me if I do, but I'll just do the same thing I do with the chickens we end up eating lol

I'll think about it. Hard to think about eating them when they're so tiny, lol. Not even nugget sized right now. Also my child might murder me if I do, but I'll just do the same thing I do with the chickens we end up eating lol
I don't mean to eat him now I meant to grow him out for about 5 or 6 weeks then eat him so he's not lonely.

I KNOW KIKI I mean it's hard to think about doing it in the future while they are so tiny in the here and now Crispy crap on a cracker what kind of monster do you think I am LOL
How old are your kids if you don't mind me asking?

You could teach them where meat comes from...just saying.

My mini offs my quail for me. I can't do it.

How old are your kids if you don't mind me asking?

You could teach them where meat comes from...just saying.

My mini offs my quail for me. I can't do it.

I've only got the one and she's 9. I'm the one that processes in this house at the moment but everyone says they want me to teach them how up until it comes time to do it...Then they get scarce. :lau But I plan to, I just don't want to traumatize her. I was quite sensitive about animals at her age and I don't know if I would have handled it well myself.

I've only got the one and she's 9. I'm the one that processes in this house at the moment but everyone says they want me to teach them how up until it comes time to do it...Then they get scarce. :lau But I plan to, I just don't want to traumatize her. I was quite sensitive about animals at her age and I don't know if I would have handled it well myself.
Mini just turned 11 last week.
I do the processing. He just does the killing for me. :oops:. It doesn't bother him like it does me and he earns a few green dollars.

IMG_20210220_191523.jpg

Here's the baby (I have the lamp triple secured so it won't go lower). I noticed that their toes are curled...I know with chicks that can happen when they get too big inside the egg (at least in my experience) no idea with quail though. I believe it was right at day 20 (at very least late day 19) when they hatched. They are peeping a lot but haven't done more than stretch yet.

Mini just turned 11 last week.
I do the processing. He just does the killing for me. :oops:. It doesn't bother him like it does me and he earns a few green dollars.

I'll see if I can get her involved. I conflate the term processing--by that I mean that I do the killing, the plucking, and the butchering. Somebody's gonna pick up at least one of those as soon as possible, lol.

View attachment 2538709

Here's the baby (I have the lamp triple secured so it won't go lower). I noticed that their toes are curled...I know with chicks that can happen when they get too big inside the egg (at least in my experience) no idea with quail though. I believe it was right at day 20 (at very least late day 19) when they hatched. They are peeping a lot but haven't done more than stretch yet.
Why do you keep on saying they when there's only one?
You are confusing the heck out of me.

I get one in a blue moon with silly feet.
The couple that I have gotten have always straightened out on their own... But I have never hatched out days late.

Back
Top Bottom