Incubating in my bra

Just dont cheat now and tell us that an incubator one hatched in your bra:rantthis is in the name of SCIENCE:old

Don't worry, I'm not a cheater, and pretty dedicated to seeing if this is possible! The only not me heat I use is a heating pad set on low when I'm in the shower for 15 minutes, just so that they don't chill.

ah ok so 164 pages later its a bust. Sorry to hear but after people saying all previous body hatching videos were fake I started having my doubts too, especialy since I measured my skin temperature and it came out as 36.5-37 deg C which is up to 1 degree too cold. I know I am quite skinny but can it be that our bodies are just too cold?
We are 3 deg C colder than chickens so it will be harder for a person to try.
Can we conclude it isn't possible then?

Temperature isn't the issue. There's been plenty of studies where both chickens and quail were hatched at lower than ideal temperatures. I believe mortality rate kicks up under 98 degrees F, but the main effect is to slow development so you can expect hatch more days than normal. High temperatures are far more likely to kill developing embryos (anything over 104 for very long and they are done for).

The main obstacle, in my opinion, is the movement. I know that the vessels in eggs are delicate, and humans move around a lot. So if it weren't possible for any reason, that would be it.

Before attempting to hatch eggs in your bra, you should always make sure of your temp, in the desired location. I can see using your bra in an emergency, like power outage, to keep the eggs somewhat warm until power is restored, but the variance is too much to safely hatch full term. Not only that, but how will you stimulate lock down, where you increase the humidity and must keep steady temp? I know my body temp is too low, and unless I was able to keep a hand warmer in my bra the whole time, I would still be lacking on being able to adjust the humidity higher, that is needed to help the quail egg hatch through those tough membrane that are inside those thin shells. Quail and other birds, like chickens or even robins, do put out heat and humidity by the nature of their nests. We sweat if we get warm, which cools down our bodies. They don't.
The most consistent temp would more than likely be your belly as that is your center of mass

Hey all, I just wanted to let anyone who is attempting to do this that I've been able to keep the temp in my bracubator pretty consistently between 99.5/99.9 usually 99.7 by making a heat reflector with tinfoil and tape and placing a thin ankle sock between the reclector and bra(I know it sounds weird). 🤞Hope it works.

Hey, great minds think alike! That's exactly what I did! Except no tape. I just did coils of foil to either side of my eggs and ran them through my insulator/sweat absorbing material (washcloth)

Before attempting to hatch eggs in your bra, you should always make sure of your temp, in the desired location. I can see using your bra in an emergency, like power outage, to keep the eggs somewhat warm until power is restored, but the variance is too much to safely hatch full term. Not only that, but how will you stimulate lock down, where you increase the humidity and must keep steady temp? I know my body temp is too low, and unless I was able to keep a hand warmer in my bra the whole time, I would still be lacking on being able to adjust the humidity higher, that is needed to help the quail egg hatch through those tough membrane that are inside those thin shells. Quail and other birds, like chickens or even robins, do put out heat and humidity by the nature of their nests. We sweat if we get warm, which cools down our bodies. They don't.

Put a hygrometer under there. My humidity reads 65-66% through insulating material.

Back
Top Bottom