Incubating in my bra

hello! this is day two of doing this and it worked out great yesterday but today I'm having some problems. At first, the egg stayed perfectly warm, and then when I checked on it, it was cold again, so I uhh.. rearranged it (sorry this is awkward loll) and I checked back on it 30 mins later and it was warmer but not warm enough:idunnoanybody got ideas on how to insulate it?
As @Jennys fluffbutts says, aluminum foil works great to create a heat reflector. That, and rotating the egg periodically to keep it uniformly warm (that's part of what hens are doing when they turn their eggs, as their heat is only coming from one direction as well).

Nobody panic--this is not bad news! In the interest of full disclosure, I'm posting this so that y'all know that tonight (just a moment ago), on day 8 of development, I placed the remaining bregg (bregg #1) into my incubator temporarily as a precaution due to my kiddo deciding she had to sleep with me tonight. There are three reasons I felt I had no other choice:

1.) No other adult in my house wanted aboard the crazy train.
2.) The kiddo in question is a sleep hitter (no kicks, she just randomly whacks you with her arms)
3.) Said kiddo would be utterly devastated if she caused the bregg's demise.

I don't think one night in the incubator would do much to help the bregg if things aren't already going well for it, so I figured this wouldn't be too much of an issue. However, I wanted to be completely clear about this incident. As soon as I get up in the morning, which will likely be pretty early as I'm not very good at going back to sleep after getting whapped in the face, I will put the bregg in its proper place beneath my funbags.

If this ruins my attempt for anyone, I'm sorry not really but I just didn't want it to end with such a trageggy. Welp I reached too far for that pun, time to call it a night

Nobody panic--this is not bad news! In the interest of full disclosure, I'm posting this so that y'all know that tonight (just a moment ago), on day 8 of development, I placed the remaining bregg (bregg #1) into my incubator temporarily as a precaution due to my kiddo deciding she had to sleep with me tonight. There are three reasons I felt I had no other choice:

1.) No other adult in my house wanted aboard the crazy train.
2.) The kiddo in question is a sleep hitter (no kicks, she just randomly whacks you with her arms)
3.) Said kiddo would be utterly devastated if she caused the bregg's demise.

I don't think one night in the incubator would do much to help the bregg if things aren't already going well for it, so I figured this wouldn't be too much of an issue. However, I wanted to be completely clear about this incident. As soon as I get up in the morning, which will likely be pretty early as I'm not very good at going back to sleep after getting whapped in the face, I will put the bregg in its proper place beneath my funbags.

If this ruins my attempt for anyone, I'm sorry not really but I just didn't want it to end with such a trageggy. Welp I reached too far for that pun, time to call it a night
I appreciate your honesty. I think if its just one night though it shouldnt hurt the data especially since we dont have a heck of a lot to go on as is

It's day 3 and I'm getting worried again... am I supposed to see any development at this time?? I've literally done this dozens of times but I've gotten so worried about the egg that I forgot... If the egg turns out to be infertile that means I've just been keeping a regular egg in my bra for three days..

It's day 3 and I'm getting worried again... am I supposed to see any development at this time?? I've literally done this dozens of times but I've gotten so worried about the egg that I forgot... If the egg turns out to be infertile that means I've just been keeping a regular egg in my bra for three days..
You should see something when you candle but it might be very subtle. By day 6 you should definitely see something. If you take pictures of the candling we might be able to help. Be sure to shine the light through the "fat" end of the egg. You should see a vein or two but it also depends on your warmth and humidity levels from what we've seen thus far. It seems they take longer to develop in the bra versus the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom