Incubating Lavender Ameraucanas Dry Hatch or No?

Pics
It’s not working. Anything else I can try? 40% now😩
I had success with bringing down humidity by "toasting" sponges in the toaster oven until they are really dry and placing them in the incubator. I cut them into three pieces. It kept the humidity between 25 and 35%, they have to be switched out often (for me about every 2 hours) probably depends on your incubator and other ambient factors. You may have to do a little trial and error to see what works for you. I wrote a detailed post about it in the May hatch along. I will see if I can find it!:love

I had success with bringing down humidity by "toasting" sponges in the toaster oven until they are really dry and placing them in the incubator. I cut them into three pieces. It kept the humidity between 25 and 35%, they have to be switched out often (for me about every 2 hours) probably depends on your incubator and other ambient factors. You may have to do a little trial and error to see what works for you. I wrote a detailed post about it in the May hatch along. I will see if I can find it!:love
I found it! Search under toasting sponges, May hatch along and then you will find it! Sounds nuts but is worked well for me when I was incubating Marans eggs! :)

Will be exciting to see if your grocery store eggs hatch! This is Little Frankie (Francesca) and Lacey today. This little chick is quite the character. And you’re right about the Ameraucanas being super smart, they figure things out way before the other chicks do!❤
22FDC53E-A9DC-4A67-A0E7-252FE5108EA0.jpeg
681E94E8-3901-445C-B30B-C493BED61E5D.jpeg
CECA877E-2A15-499B-B2DB-19ED95D4B878.jpeg

You are the best JMNS! Thank you❤️

Will be exciting to see if your grocery store eggs hatch! This is Little Frankie (Francesca) and Lacey today. This little chick is quite the character. And you’re right about the Ameraucanas being super smart, they figure things out way before the other chicks do!❤
View attachment 2226198View attachment 2226199View attachment 2226200
Those babies are so cute❤️ Are those grocery store babes? Love the names! Did the sponges and it worked! Holding at 30%

Those eggs are stunning! Marans and looks like an Olive Egger, too.
Good luck with your hatch next week!:)
I agree! Those are beautiful eggs and can’t wait to see these babies🐣 My grocery store eggs were just showing yolks still so must not have been fertile. One was hard to tell but, now it clearly wasn’t doing anything🤷🏼‍♀️

Just saw this! We are going to have ti do a road trip to Pauls to buy these chicks aren’t we😭 And your humidity has been under 30?
Do your air cells look jiggly and detached? Any saddles? My new batch I have not started turning yet. They looked fantastic when then arrived & I candled them day 3 and all are developing! I have 6 beautiful Lav eggs and they are doing wonderfully! I’m gonna start turning in a couple days. I will do it like this from now on!! My humidity was averaging 28 my air cells were huge early on so I upped the humidity to low 40’s. Lockdown started yesterday woth two eggs that I am not at all confinement with!! Road trip!

Back
Top Bottom