Incubating Lavender Ameraucanas Dry Hatch or No?

Pics
Frankie update! Now 5 and half weeks old, had her feathers tested for gender at IQ bird testing and she is a girl! Yay. 😀She is a plain white chicken, but honestly my favorite, even though she is not an ameraucana! My silver laced orpington is a pullet too! So happy, I did not really want to have to rehome them if they were roos!
Two of my silkie boys went to their new home, a breeder who wanted some new blood lines in his flock, kept one silkie roo, so I can get some silkie babies next Spring!
All is well, no more hatching for me for this year anyway. Integrating the different aged chicks is a challenge and time consuming!❤View attachment 2279874
IQ bird testing? what is that?! Sounds eggciting!👊🐓 I wanna do that! I am a total nerd and won’t be able to part with anyone, no matter the sex🙂 I will have to learn how to build coops very fast! 🤣

IQ bird testing? what is that?! Sounds eggciting!👊🐓 I wanna do that! I am a total nerd and won’t be able to part with anyone, no matter the sex🙂 I will have to learn how to build coops very fast!

Good luck building. I built a 8 foot by 8 foot coop with a 25 foot run and "thought" that I was finished. HA!! 3 additional 8 foot by 8 foot pens and a 4 foot by 8 foot pen later........well....I can stop anytime.........

3 days shy of 6 weeks.

la1.jpg

IQ bird testing? what is that?! Sounds eggciting!👊🐓 I wanna do that! I am a total nerd and won’t be able to part with anyone, no matter the sex🙂 I will have to learn how to build coops very fast! 🤣
I have been considering doing that on a silkie or two! How long was your turnaround?
IQbirdtesting.com, website is super easy. 😊 They are often used for Silkies I was doing It mainly for my Silkies but I added the other two as long as I was at it! Turnaround time was about 10 days. They are delayed because of coronavirus.

Back
Top Bottom