Incubating nightmare

Okay, I may be new to chickens but I've had enough experience with many other animal species to know a dead one from a live one. That being said, I have this really great military flashlight that zooms.That's what I use to look into the window of the incubator. I didn't open it at all until the end of the day and after I had 2 other people confirm my findings. I documented when I thought they had passed right away and waited. The fact that the chicks were sitting there with their mouths open and only sticking out up to the nostril with a blue hue to it's beak sorta told the story. Funny how your focus is only on the chicks and what incubator I used and not on my main question. I thought when I joined this club I was going to be conversing with like minded people who would help with their expertise and enjoyable stories. Go figure. Now, I'm done trying to explain myself and probably with never get on this site again without the answer to my main question. Bet i find it somewhere else though. Have a great night.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us, though I am sorry to hear about your incubator troubles!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Finally,I have hatching chicks. My $20.00 homemade incubator with a fan is working great. I bought 6 Buff Orpington eggs from Iowa and so far 4 have hatched. Every 2 hours I get another little one. Since shipped eggs can be hard to hatch I'm thankfull that I am at 75%. It's a good day.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Awesome! So excited that all is going well. :)

Back
Top Bottom