Incubating posted eggs- advice please

WyandotteH

Songster
Jul 23, 2018
NSW Australia
Hi

Can anyone please tell me experience in incubating posted eggs. We have ordered several dozen well packaged eggs for mail delivery.

My question is should these eggs be rested for 24 hours post receiving or can they be placed in incubator straight away. Any previous experience in this with advice would be appreciated thanks.

In warmer weather, I would start incubating them immediately, in the off chance that they have started to incubate during shipping because of high temperatures. Do not turn the egg turner on for the first 24 hours so the egg cell have a change to settle. You can candle them to see how badly the egg cells have been disturbed by shipping first, and if they are badly shaped I would even wait longer before turning the egg turner on, like 3 days. You can move the eggs slightly from side to side before you plug the turner in, but do not pick them up or turn them over.

In warmer weather, I would start incubating them immediately, in the off chance that they have started to incubate during shipping because of high temperatures. Do not turn the egg turner on for the first 24 hours so the egg cell have a change to settle. You can candle them to see how badly the egg cells have been disturbed by shipping first, and if they are badly shaped I would even wait longer before turning the egg turner on, like 3 days. You can move the eggs slightly from side to side before you plug the turner in, but do not pick them up or turn them over.
Great advice thanks heaps

Back
Top Bottom