Incubating precious eggs...Hatching!

I am so happy that I sent you back with all those eggs. I just knew you had to take them. Thank goodness that many are developing even with the time delay getting them into the bator! Smoky is sitting on one egg, her own. Hope it's fertile! The first day, she was off the nest as much as she was on, but after we moved her to the roomy broody pen next to Suede, she seemed very happy to be there and has been doing great. Tomorrow is Day 4.

Go Smoky Go Smoky
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

I am glad I brought them back too. There are 7 of Ms Smoky's eggs ready for lockdown tomorrow night (the 1 I am concerned about is the really bullet shaped one that is banging around in the turner...poor kid is gonna be dain bramaged). The 2 JuneXIsaac eggs are still there....I shall report after candling and lockdown tomorrow night/sun morning.
fl.gif
praying for a new blue flock leader in here
fl.gif

Last edited:
Smoky egg # 14 & # 21 were both quitters but the other Smoky eggs and the 2 Isaac/June eggs are now in lockdown.

I am going to have to watch these guys carefully because these are some big babies in the eggs...they are going to have a small amount of room come hatch time. But, Thor and Athena were that way too at hatch. Athena had to be helped a little but Thor did fine.

Sarah was here with her strong LED light and she candled while I looked on. One was real frisky and jumped at us. LOL

Quote:
clap.gif
Go babies, go!
big_smile.png
As for your MIL, I hope you aren't subjected to her company on a regular basis...
roll.png
Bad enough to know she was snooping through your things, but the "get over it" line would have been the frosting on the cake. Glad she took your hint about her visit having been long enough. I loved my MIL, but she was one of those people who was adored by strangers, loved and tolerated (somewhat) by her family, and could be like two different people -- sometimes loving, sometimes hateful. I found she was best loved from a distance. Five hundred to six hundred miles seemed to be just about right.... My sister in law (husband's brother's wife) must be a true-life saint, because she took care of MIL 24/7 for the last couple of years as far as personal care, laundry, chauffeur, etc. and put up with lots more than I ever could have or would have.

Thank you crtrlovr, I am very hopefully about these eggs. Yes MIL can be like spending time with Sybil! She lloves to be nosey, snoop, help and then hold it against you later type....drives me nuts! Example...went to the grocery store and as I was putting stuff from basket onto belt, she paid for half of it...I was like What? she said "Well you are feeding me too" I said thank you but it was not necessary blah blah. The next day I heard her on the phone with my FIL saying that "she had to buy groceries and blah blah". I was about to lose it but bit my tongue. I did so badly want to stuff a nectarine in her mouth and shove her in a freezer but alas there were too many witnesses.
somad.gif
I preferred her from 3000 miles away...this 300 miles is just not far enough to make me happy...I am seriously considering buying a rabid Rottweiller to chain to the front porch!

She is lucky...had her son been home he would have loaded her stuff in her truck and walked her to it saying "Goodbye Mom". hahaha

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes I am thinking....Achilles, Zeus, Mercury or something along those lines...he must have a strong name.
lol.png

I am so worried about these eggs...these are huge babies in here, I hope they can get out or that I am here to help them if necessary. They must hatch before Wednesday morning because Cheyenne's sax lesson is Wed. morning...I want to be here when they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom