Incubating precious eggs...Hatching!

Cetawin

Rest in Peace 1963-2021
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
I was sent home with 28 eggs from my visit with Specklehen a few weeks ago...all eggs from her BBS pen are important to me because of my love for her Roo, Suede but little did I know that they would become invaluable to me on the 14th of this month when my only Son of Suede and Head Boy, Thor died in this horrible heat. So, here is the incubation status for my recording and for speckledhen.

Set July 6th 11:30pm Candled on day 8 results:

Egg# Breed Parents Results

1 BBS Suede/Smokey Pulled
2 BBS Suede/Dusty Pulled
3 BBS or X Suede/Dusty/Meg Pulled
4 BBS Suede/Dusty Pulled
5 BBS Suede/Smokey GOOD Good stayed in at lockdown
6 BBS Suede/Dusty Pulled
7 BBS Suede/Smokey GOOD Good stayed in at lockdown
8 BBS Suede/Dusty Pulled
9 BBS Suede/Dusty Pulled
10 Amer/BR Dutch/Charlotte Pulled
11 Amer/BR Dutch/Snow Pulled
12 Amer/BR Dutch/Charlotte Pulled
13 BBS X Suede/Meg Pulled
14 BBS Suede/Smokey GOOD Quitter pulled at lockdown
15 Amer/BR Dutch/Snow Pulled
16 Del/Amer Isaac/June GOOD HATCHED adorable white puffy cheeked
17 Amer/BR Dutch/Charlotte Pulled
18 BBS Suede/Smokey GOOD Good stayed in at lockdown
19 BBS X Suede/Meg Pulled
20 BBS Suede/Smokey GOOD HATCHED
21 BBS Suede/Smokey GOOD Quitter pulled at lockdown
22 BBS Suede/Dusty Pulled
23 BBS X Suede/Meg Pulled
24 BBS Suede/Dusty Pulled
25 BBS Suede/Smokey Questionable HATCHED Bloody hatch but doing well
26 Del/Amer Isaac/June GOOD Good stayed in at lockdown
27 BBS/BBS X Suede/? Pulled
28 BBS/BBS X Suede/? Pulled

2 of the ones pulled were quitters - 1 from Meg and 1 from Dusty all others were not fertile and were clear.

So, lockdown the evening of the 24th/morning of the 25th...so here is hoping for a beautiful Blue boy.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Keeping my fingers crossed that you get a big, gorgeous boy out of your hatch(should have let me hatch them if you wanted a rooster-I don't have a lot of luck hatching pullets
big_smile.png
).
fl.gif

Ok, I haven't had time to follow the Delaware thread, right now I am sitting in the Hospital waiting for my Dad to get out of Surgery.....and I just read this. I can't believe that Thor has passed!!! OMG.....You must be devastated!!!!!! HUGS to you! How are the girls doing without their precious boy?

You have all my sympathy!
Laney

Come on Orps .... now is the time to be good to us all !
fl.gif
For the love of Thor, you gotta hatch!
fl.gif

I see that darn Dusty is avoiding Suede again. Darn, I wish you had a Meg egg. Well, we will all be thrilled to see these babies hatch out! Waiting anxiously for the hatch date here! Best wishes are with these precious eggs, for sure!
hugs.gif

We are sending every prayer and thought up for a beautiful blue son of Suede for you, Cetawin. I am glad to see there are several chances there! COME ONE, CHICKIES!!!!!

I am also glad to see the Isaac/June eggs are good - that should be interesting!

fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Laney, I hope it is nothing serious with your dad...I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
hugs.gif
Devastated does not even touch it...I all but threw my MIL out my house Wednesday night (after his being gone for a week) because she told me "To get a grip and get over it, it was just a chicken". I heard a ruckus so I went out with a flashlight to check the coop and was looking inside and getting those "why do you have a light in my eyes" looks and I panicked and thought "My God where is Thor" and I was frantically shining the light looking for him...then it hit me he was not there...I burst into another crying jag...when I came back inside she saw I was crying and flipped out her comment....So I said "Mom, when are you leaving?" and apparently my voice oozed venom because she said she had not thought about it yet really and I told her "Now would be a great time to think about it". She left the next morning and was gone before 9 am.

But the girls are settling somewhat...Cannonball scared me to death at first because she would not eat or drink anything for 2 days and finanlly I hand fed her goodies and she started eating a little. she would lie down in the spot Thor's body was found and sleep there. She was a mess but is coming around.

But here is the post about it and some great pics of him
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=373164

Whatever hatches from Smoky's eggs will be full brothers and sisters because Smoky was his mom too. So I am hoping and praying because Severus is just not a good rooster...he does not pay attention to the girls, calls them to eat stupid stuff and they really have no use for him. LOL

Beth, I cannot wait to see the Isaac/June babies...they will either be totally cute or absolutely ugly. LOL

smack.gif
HA! To the MIL and I hope she didn't let the screen door slam her in the butt on the way out! What an insensitive thing to say!
duc.gif
Oh dear, my fingers work faster than my brain, but I am sticking with that. Sorry to pick on her, I shouldn't be so mean,and I do hope it doesn't cause problems with your DH, but GRRRR!

I understand, I kept trying to count Buckshot in the group for several days after I lost him, and I didn't love him NEAR as much as you loved Thor. I really hope one of these babies has some of Thor's wonderful attributes and proves to be a great head roo for you. I am sorry Severus isn't up to snuff-

And here's hoping June's babies are as pretty as the cross I think it was...Shelleyb. . .. someone on here posted a picture- looked like a Del with muffs.

fl.gif
Ohhhh, I so hope you end up with a little Thor reincarnate!! I'll be thinking of you this weekend as you go into lockdown, good luck!!

smack.gif
Ugg, to the MIL. Totally sounds like something that would come out of my MIL's mouth, you're a saint for having such restraint, there would of been some choice words coming out of my mouth for sure.

Beth...there will be no problems with DH believe me...especially after he found out she was going through our bedroom everytime I went to Sarah's coon hunting...the witch was going through my drawers and closets. I cannot tell you in open forum what I said to her when I caught her but let's just say she was without doubt....embarrassed! DH asked me why I did not toss her out right then and I said "Because she is your mother"...his reply "I don't give two >>>>s, she has no business in our bedroom tell her to take her nosey butt home because you do not have to put up with her crap!"

NeeleysAVLChicks there were very choice words when I caught her in my bedroom snooping, suffice it to say that she has no doubt whatsoever what I think...it was made perfectly clear.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom