Incubating rhea eggs?

The hen breeder

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 20, 2012
I've read on a couple of websites that I should turn rhea eggs at least 3 times a day when incubating. I also read this for chicken eggs, but I have hatched loads with just turning them twice a day, can this be applicable to rhea eggs as well- help really appreciated!

Hi
I have kept rheas since 1992 and bred loads very successfully, although the 1st few years just kept them as pets... 4 pairs... for eggs to decorate and grasing and company for my other Animals.

Now to your question...I have just an ordinary 40 hen auto incubator , but eggs were too heavy to use turning mechanism..so turn them 7 x a day, by hand...a MUST uneven numbers, so they don't lay on same side longer every night...
Good luck..
Calla

Some help please on incubating Rhea eggs. Thinking of buying a Brinsea 580 but have been told by brinsea I would need to take out every other shelf therefore would only fit in 36 eggs. What's the best incubator to hatch Rheas in please.

John

I use a brinsea ova easy and can get 36 in total into it 6 per tray 2 trays per shelf 3shelves just have to stagger the hatch times as can only get 12 down the bottom for hagch

Back
Top Bottom