Incubating shipped eggs

for me, it depends on the temp of the eggs. If they are already room temp I let them sit for only a couple of hours then pop them in the bator with the air cell up for 12 hours(not sure if this does anything but I was sick of the air cells on the side and it seems to help
hmm.png
). If they came from A/C, then I say 8 hrs before they go in the bator......
If they were on your porch in the sun, then I say right away
tongue.png

allowing them to sit is usually to stop them from having condensation on them from temp change...drastic cold to the hot bator will make them all wet....

Last edited:
check the air cells. even if some are moving they can still hatch.
place them in an egg carton while setting: 12 hours is good for me)
Use the egg carton technique if your eggs have a broken air cell.
i have 3 babys all broken air cells but are going to hatch tomorrow :3

A very wise and very accomplished home hatcher advised me to let my eggs sit for 24 hours in the incubator, at incubator temps before turning them. She felt as though it gave those sloppy air cells some opportunity to heal up. (not sure that is the correct term.) I am trying it on this hatch and I do have the eggs cruising right along we will see if the hatch in seven days.

She advises this for shipped eggs only. She also advises (shipped eggs only) to hatch in carton so the chick does not risk pipping into fluid from a tremulent cell.

I am not the expert but have a person advising that has hatched for over a hundred years LOL. I am in trouble if said hatcher reads this

I just got shipped eggs yesterday. They were in an egg carton with "this end up" on it, shipped air cell side up & had sat that way in the post office for 8 hours before I could pick them up.
I checked them & when it was dark enough- I candled them & they all looked okay- as ok as dark Maran eggs can look with a 115 Lumen LED flashight......exept one. There was like an air bubble moving around in it as I turned it. Should I be concerned?

I'm not going to turn them until tomorrow morning & have them in an egg carton as to keep them upright.

Back
Top Bottom