Incubating Turkey eggs

Good morning Cottage Rose
I don't touch my turkeys eggs once they go into the incubator. I don't take them out to cool and mist like you do goose eggs. Just pop them in and forget about them until day 25. The humidity is the same as with chickens. I raise Narrgansett turkeys. Nice to hear from you again.
Roxanne

Yes I do and still loving them. They are so neat. Its good to hear from you. I was emailing Kat about the Seb forum and we talked about you. Now your into turkeys too?

Glad you still have your geese and are enjoying them.
Not really "into" turkeys" just have always wanted to try
some and like to raise meat for the freezer when we can.
While I've been forewarned about how cool they are I
only have so much room so most will go in the freezer
and I might keep a trio but really don't have room for more than that.

HELP!

Wondering if we could get some help with some turkey eggs. We were out bush-hogging today and ran over a wild nest; broke 3 eggs, 8 are still intact. The female took off and we haven't seen her since. It's suppose to get cold here so we didn't want to leave them lay to freeze or for something to eat them. In the broke ones there was one that you could make out a head and eyes so we figure they're further along. We have chickens that we've raised from day olds but we haven't incubated any. I see that we can get an incubator at TSC but I don't know what to do in the mean time and if they'll still be hatch out by the time we get one.
So...
If we get a incubator by tomorrow evening and get them in it will they hatch?
Do I need to clean the dried yoke off the eggs? What is the best way?
How can we keep them warm enough until I can get to town and get an incubator?
Any other tips to doing this?

We are hoping we can get them raised and get them back out to roam the fields like the others around here.
Thanks for you help in advance!!!

Good morning Cottage Rose
I don't touch my turkeys eggs once they go into the incubator. I don't take them out to cool and mist like you do goose eggs. Just pop them in and forget about them until day 25. The humidity is the same as with chickens. I raise Narrgansett turkeys. Nice to hear from you again.
Roxanne

You don't turn the eggs?

You don't turn the eggs?

All eggs need to be turned.
I have my first turkey hatching eggs going in the incubator tonight!!!
7 Blue Palms, 7 White Midgets and 4 Royal Palms!!!
yesss.gif

Last edited:
All eggs need to be turned.
I have my first turkey hatching eggs going in the incubator tonight!!!
7 Blue Palms, 7 White Midgets and 4 Royal Palms!!!
yesss.gif
yeah, I know your supposed to turn the eggs, but Belgian lady said she just puts them in the incubator and doesn't touch them..So I was asking her if she didn't turn them. WHich she probably does...just has an automatic turner. (although there are some ppl that don't turn..that's why I was clarifying, bc I'd actually like to know the hatch rate on non turned eggs.

Back
Top Bottom