INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have polka dot rubber boots that I wear in the pens. I have one bantam cochin that loves to try to peck the dots!
gig.gif
I wear camo boots; they can't see 'em
tongue.png

FINALLY took an hour to upload this image!!!
My eggies, there are quite a few fridge eggs I noticed that did make it, I didnt see the O on the is underneath
hide.gif

and just 4 of the biggest oldest serama hens eggs, the tiny A eggs the hen was on were all infert.....
this is a good sign for yours @venymae plus they are her prettiest frizzles too

and you had several thermometers and you had calibrated them? sorry if you already said so, too many threads too much ready eeeekkkk

How did you treat them when you got them?..... and did you see my post on how to order eggs? sounds like you did your homework

:lau

yep, thought I was only the silly one that read stuff like that :highfive: what else you know!  another reason I love my coolerbators!  although not LED its what I got now!

sounds like the shells arent too thick after all!!!

I made sure both thermometers were giving me the same reading when placed together in several different areas.

The eggs rested at room temperature for 24 hours and then went into the incubator with the turner off for the first two days (due to the obviously damaged air cells) the first 6 rested for 24 hours at room temp and went straight in with the turner as all 6 seemed to have solid air cells. I didn't candle until day 14 and then again when placed in lockdown. I was pretty sure I was gonna get 0 out of the damaged eggs but the seller asked that I leave them all in for 24 days...

Hi Sally and the gang...I have a broody hen and some more eggs in incubator for her...under her she has 3 white leghorn/EE eggs, and 1 mystery brown egg (the dad is EE the mom may be black star) in my incubator I have frizzle cochins, welsummer/cochins, and RIR.

Hen's eggs are due on Fri. 13th. The fun part will be the 2 black out schedualed one for tomorrow 5:30am to 2:30 pm, and one on the 12th 10:30 pm to 4:30 am.

Last edited:
sounds like the shells arent too thick after all!!!
I am surprised how strong these little chicks are!, It's just a tiny crack but I expect it will grow as the day continues....Waiting for these little guys is tough. I hope it get's easier! Still only one external pip,,,I hope I just wake up tomorrow and I get a 7/7 hatch :p

LL

love.gif
I read that you were taking them out. You will have to post them all fluffed out.

Hi Sally and the gang...I have a broody hen and some more eggs in incubator for her...under her she has 3 white leghorn/EE eggs, and 1 mystery brown egg (the dad is EE the mom may be black star) in my incubator I have frizzle cochins, welsummer/cochins, and RIR.

Hen's eggs are due on Fri. 13th. The fun part will be the 2 black out schedualed one for tomorrow 5:30am to 2:30 pm, and one on the 12th 10:30 pm to 4:30 am.

Welcome to the thread!

I put the shirt over the back and Windows course I think it was letting air out.now it has held a steady temp for 24 hours I dint cover the vent holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom