INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this post office here??? I can get them too!
1f609.png
No, I work very close to your post office, but the package is out by my house. We think it's at the one on Madera, but it might be the other one.

No, I work very close to your post office, but the package is out by my house.  We think it's at the one on Madera, but it might be the other one.  
yes- I remember... I just thought you were stuck in meetings or something. I had a patient cancel and figured I could get them and run them down to you... Madra might be a smidge far though
1f609.png

yes- I remember... I just thought you were stuck in meetings or something. I had a patient cancel and figured I could get them and run them down to you... Madra might be a smidge far though
1f609.png
My mom LOVES to run errands. I'm patiently waiting for her to get home and call me as she unpacks them.....

I'm such a geeked out crazy chicken lady this morning... Jeff (@Papa Brooder) of Papa's Poultry has been SO good to us. I told him about our lavender Orpington order that is falling short of what we wanted, along with the shipping issues. He has been scrambling to work us up what will be an awesome dozen, with Lavender MOTTLED Orpingtons and cream legbars... He has been so accommodating and professional- check him out if you're in Northern CA, but, he of course ships everywhere too! Orpingtons are his passion projects and he has over 20 colors (I think), along with many other breeds.

In incubator news- she has been holding steady between 99.9-100 with 48% humidity... T minus 3 days!

He has gorgeous orps, I got a few from him last spring. Hope you get lots of cute fuzzies to hatch.

Candling photos?

Toes!

Head and beak!

7 days Baby is moving!

Lock down, nice air sac, and I see a foot, baby working on turning.

Last edited:
Ok I need some backup. How can I justify building a coolerbator to my husband when I just got the one I have for christmas. (the one I got was a gift from my dad not him)

Need one to incubate in and one to hatch in.

×2, staggered hatches need to happen sometimes.

Also incubators break, shorts happen, fans go out, all sort of issues. A functional back up is a good reason to have a second 'bator. Or if you learn to make them well you can sell them for a profit.

our version of toads in a hole vs southern toads in a hole?

cookie-cutter-toad-in-the-hole-930x550.jpg
We call these "Eggs in a Basket" :)

I started adding the addition to my brooder, which will become the nursery for new babies. This is allowing me to borrow a little time until I have to do something different. One of the 2'x4' sections is getting a little cramped with 15 (5 week-old) Barred Rock chicks. As soon as I pick up some construction wire and add a door (tomorrow), the 7 NYD chicks will be moving to the 2nd floor of the brooder... and the older chicks will get to stretch out when I remove the divider on the 1st floor. I hope by the time they outgrow the 4'x4' space it'll be warm enough to move them to an outside pen...
fl.gif

Getting crowded on one side of the brooder:
I moved mine out a couple weeks ago (hatched thanksgiving) they seem to do fine in the cold (20's at night here) without heat, though one did get eaten by a cat this week...apparently....

Well, just candled my eggs. Looks like the Rooster was shooting blanks. :( 5/7 clear and the other 2 are very questionable looking. Plus the two that are questionable are the ones that won't turn. I think I'm going to try and return this Brinsea. It's just not worth the $$. It holds temp great, and looks awesome,but it's got to be perfect for how much it costs and it's not doing it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom