INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
That is AWESOME!!!

With all the build up about these HRIRs of yours, I can't wait to see how this goes!!!!
fl.gif

- Ant Farm

This roo isn't for breeding... just security. I may need more BR pullets in the future, so he may come in handy if/when that time comes.

It's funny you should mention that... I discussed the probability of having to build an alternate pen with my wife earlier this afternoon. I told her that they would probably wipe the grass out of that area in no time. With the mild weather and plenty of rain this time of year, it may hold for a few months, but when the summer heat and dry weather comes, it wont last any time.
wink.png

Out of the 30 shipped eggs I set, on day 7 candling I saw 16 that looked like they have the potential to hatch. I've already pulled 9, and am about to do a 10 day candle on 5 iffys. I'm sure I already know how 3 will turn out, but I'm optimistic about the other 2. Will know shortly...
fl.gif
Question:
Is there such a thing as an intermittent short in a 12v battery?

Oh, sorry, that's a typo, I'll fix. I had done the conversion of sq yds to sq ft in the margin of my book - unless my math is off, it converts to ~200 sq ft per bird (I have my one set up rectangular long ways due to the terrain, so it's about 1500 sq ft. (Boy, 20 sq ft per bird, that would be TIGHT!!!!!!)
lau.gif

Glad you can adapt - I was worried when you were talking about sinking posts. (I'm using more temporary posts and netting, since stuff keeps changing here...)

- Ant Farm
Your math is good... 200 sq. ft. is between 22 - 23 sq. yards.

Thanks. My goal is to have two semi-permanent pens, and if it comes down to needing to move either or both, that's doable, too. I can just pull the posts and move them...
thumbsup.gif

That is AWESOME!!!

With all the build up about these HRIRs of yours, I can't wait to see how this goes!!!!
fl.gif

- Ant Farm
Who's building up stuff about HRIRs??? Certainly not me!
hide.gif

I sure was getting worried as I kept pulling egg after egg after egg... which I knew was very likely with shipped eggs. It seems to have smoothed out for the time being, and I have 20 cooking now. Really hoping these will go the distance!

Question:
I've never heard of such a thing, but I suppose if one or more of the plates was loose in the battery, it could cause an intermittent short. Most of the time it results in a dead short... but anything's possible. Does it crank good when you use a different battery?

I think I found your grass decimation problem...  

As far as adding an alternate pen, it won't take very much to make it accessible. I always (try) to plan my projects where they can be altered without a lot of trouble. ;)

:lau

That was a good one, Benny!!! 

Yeah funny one Benny...

Question:

Not that I've ever heard....

Who's building up stuff about HRIRs??? Certainly not me!
hide.gif

I sure was getting worried as I kept pulling egg after egg after egg... which I knew was very likely with shipped eggs. It seems to have smoothed out for the time being, and I have 20 cooking now. Really hoping these will go the distance!

I've never heard of such a thing, but I suppose if one or more of the plates was loose in the battery, it could cause an intermittent short. Most of the time it results in a dead short... but anything's possible. Does it crank good when you use a different battery?
Haven't tried a different battery yet; planning to tomorrow.
When the old battery failed to do anything the other day, I went directly to the battery cables with the jumper cables....battery unhooked. Engine started fine that way.
Unhooked jumpers & hooked the same battery up again, and it fired right up...no problem
Half hour later I threw a belt; pulled mower around back & shut it down to work on belt...hasn't cranked since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom