INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a crazy hatching week here! I bought 6 dozen hatching eggs from a breeder for $30 because the person that ordered them didn't show up to pick them up. There were a mix of Cochins, Mille fleur, rhodebar, leghorn and americaunas. I had to use all three of my available incubators but got everything set. After candling #1 I eliminated a little more than a dozen and the second candle a few more were removed from the mix. We are now up to 36 hatched, 5 still pipping and 9 possibly unviable. Not bad for my 3rd hatch!
Congratulations!

Here is my youngest this year (Sixteen days old).

Here is my temptation for you Banti style @Fire Ant Farm

So cute, and about as big as mine when they are full grown. lol

Soooo.....

Help me decide here.....

I have a huge fat brahma hen that is definitely one broody beach! for about five days now. First time broody.

Do I give her the guniea eggs from TJ that are due to hatch?
Do I give her duck eggs, the good AC eggs that choas shipped to me? they are what almost a week? I forget!
Do I give her two dozen serama eggs that I have incubating? or will she crush them?
Do I give her any eggs at all and break her?
Do I give her new eggs?

@mlm Mike

Eggs from your own LF flocks.

Mornin all, not feeling the best today so I'm going back to bed......
frow.gif
Toodles. Hope you feel better.

At what age do you take the light off of silkies? It is about 50 degrees here at night.

And, I was wondering how long after hatch you can fix splay leg. I have one that is two weeks old, and treatment seems to be going well. I prefer to treat much sooner, but didn't make it early enough with this one.
I'm glad the splayed leg treatment is working.

Morning greetings from southwest Missouri!
Good morning Dax! Lovely sunrise

Quote: Hi Chaos!

@Sally Sunshine , those ears are straight from his dam.
Adorable.

Mornin all, not feeling the best today so I'm going back to bed......
frow.gif
Hello Banti, I hope you feel better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom