INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had pretty low humidity at start but a power outage on day 19 caused eggs to get to 70 degrees I was just hoping they might have made it but I don't think they did all 4 were moving allought when I candle at lock down

fl.gif
day 23 you will want to candle them.... see below

Eggs UNHATCHED at end of Incubation

Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching - Click HERE
I HAVE EGGS LEFT UNHATCHED NOW WHAT? post #25223
EGGTOPSYS & REMINDERS IF YOU WANT US TO HELP SEE post #2140 post #42654 post #44923 post #45013 post #54834
Pipped but dead post #47432
Normal hatching position and the six recognized malpositions Images: click here
Examples and images of issues during incubation post #110864
ANALYSIS OF THE CAUSES OF EMBRYONIC MORTALITY CLICK HERE PAGE 51
SLIDESHOW Chick Abnormalities http://www.slideshare.net/mujahiddr/abnormalities-in-hatching-chicks-16032422
Trouble Shooting Failures with Egg Incubation post #110875
http://msucares.com/poultry/reproductions/trouble.html

Hatchability Problem Analysis http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00008570/00001

Quote: so sad in the home, while my aunt was in I would bring gifts for the ladies in the hall that sat, with permission of course, one lady loved counting fake money but she had no change so I bought her one of those real looking cash registers with real looking money and change in it, she was so thrilled, she didnt rememebr us from one time to the next but she always sat in the hall and they gave her a table to sit in her wheel chair with and she was always counting that cash!!! Harmony took her one of her purses and a wallet one time too. When she passed away several months later we were so upset, kiddo couldnt stop crying, so sad in there, it takes a strong person to do a job like that, even the janitorial crew is so nice, when my aunt passed everyone was crying with us. I have an issue with chipmunks and the dang things are so cute ughhhh

Quote:
fl.gif

Comments?
Courtesy tsc-flyer(free)
pretty arent they!

Quote:
fl.gif
I think the duck eggs quit sometime last week one may be alive oh well tried! sara is talkign me into more geese lol

Now we have found a baby humming bird. It's mom keeps fly to help it. . It doesn't seem to be able to fly well. W stuck it up in a tree.
awwwww poor thing

Quote: your not prego are you?

Well, I got all seven processed in about 2-2.5 hours or so (skinning). Cried with each one - but was grateful that I've done this enough now to make each a very clean death. The worst part was finding this inside one of them - she would have laid her first egg today.

The other CL (eight pullet) did survive the night and went back to the coop to look for the rest, so I caught her and closed the book on this whole thing.

I got my weekly weights on the others, now I'm back inside having more coffee, and crying again.

I've culled before, a number of times. And I am at peace with the reasons I had for culling these pullets. I just wish I didn't feel like such a monster.
sad.png

- Ant Farm

Kristin, I am so sad for you.
hugs.gif
You have accepted and honored those lives and the lives of future flocks. You did the right thing
hugs.gif

ps... I still cant make sourdough worth a crap
he.gif
@Fire Ant Farm

Kristin, I am so sad for you.
hugs.gif
You have accepted and honored those lives and the lives of future flocks. You did the right thing
hugs.gif

ps... I still cant make sourdough worth a crap
he.gif
@Fire Ant Farm
I am the sourdough Wizard!

I have been baking with it since 1984.

awwwwww

Quote: @mlm Mike a stool wouldnt work?

Quote:
@Sally Sunshine - I forgot to ask you - where did you see this? Is this a DIY thing? (I have that exact garden wagon). It would be nice to use for that (whenever I get those goats).

- Ant Farm
a goat forum Kristin, you can purchase the bar for the bucket and stuff but I would sooner make the wooden one and make it so I could cotter pin it on and remove quickly. Do your sides fold down like that?

Congratulations @BantyChooks , I just saw that your ducks are the "Other Poultry Types PIC of the Week"

Banty's duck pics here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/the-ducks-of-turtle-rock-farm
love.gif

Quote:
Thank you so much! I am still wheeling on how to trim them ughhhh we got one from TSC but I am not sure I know what I am doing even with pics.
Quote: The bactetia is called Helicobacter pylori
I'd get an ulcer trying to pronounce that!
lau.gif

Here is my broody hard at work
smile.png

And speaking of work the guy whimped out and did not return so out into the over 91° weather I go to beat rock until I have my last two holes for the chute for my head gate.
she is very pretty too dax!

Just thought I would say I started my first incubation yesterday morning. Got a dozen mutt eggs put in place in still-air LG with the little turner to make life easier for me (as long as it works, right?).

Humidity has stayed between 47 and 49 % and the temperature has held absolutely still at 100 on the digital thermometer, 101 on the...non-digital?

Here's hoping it stays this steady for the next three weeks!
Welcome! @danielkbrantley GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR HATCH!!!!!

you may want to see calibration and read about humidity here

A MUST READ***** INCUBATION QUESTIONS w/answers post #85688

Hatching Eggs 101 CLICK HERE

PJ your eggs are going out tomorrow!!! I found a cooler!!! fits in a USPS box, although I couldnt fit as many eggs in as I wanted too! it works! hope they dont get too cold with those ice bricks!!
@pjnbill22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom