INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling much better, thanks. I finished all the antibiotics and can resume adult beverages at 2:00 pm Eastern time.
woot.gif
ya.gif
highfive.gif
wee.gif
yesss.gif

Good news!
Good morning.

@Sally Sunshine @Chaos18 @campingshaws @mlm Mike Hey guys and anyone else with goats especially dairy goats. I wanted to take a minute to share what I learned at the expense of the doe with my favorite tasting milk. I hope you can learn from me and the twenty twenty hindsight.
First, if you have a dairy goat that has a single be aware it may not nurse enough for the doe. Daisy was a first freshener with a single doeling. She always looked even though she leaked some especially from the right teat(beware of that leakage can lead to mastitis). She should have been milked all along. I will pull babies half a day or at least milk once a day in the future, and anytime I see leakage.
Second, I was given a dry treatment. I did a wet treatment for one with success, the dry was not successful. Beware that needs to be done if it is used closer to a natural drying up.
If it grows larger or hard milk it out anyway especially if it is gunky early. I was told to treat it and leave it. To be fair the vet did not see it get much bigger, and I did not know enough. When it started getting hard I took her back no matter what (note she was very sick during this time and we were treating a life threatening condition). After that visit I was to apply a hot towel daily for at least ten minutes and then milk all the gunk out I could. Not enough would come out even with a towel and message. Friday the front section burst like an absess. I had to get gloves clean out what I could and flush it with peroxide. I have lost that side of her udder most likely, but she is surviving.
Just check regularly and milk if you see dripping. Her udder LOOKED entirely NORMAL when I pulled her ten week old doeling, but it DIDN'T FEEL NORMAL when I went to milk.
End of warning.
Warning nasty picture of gunk. Thick, tacky, but not smelly.
Thanks Dax, sorry you went through this, but thank you for letting us learn through your experience!
hugs.gif

Glad to hear that Mike!

Did you take probiotics?

Yes sir, taking probiotics and eating yogurt. 

Any plans before classes start back up?

No, no just preparing all the stuff I need, and setting my mind to working mode :lol:

If it's anything like here, I'm certain the students will be ready to start learning on day one! :lau

I continue my lessons just as never we have had a vacation! It is the best way to enter the students to learning! The time is short and the work is intensive! No time to waste!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom