INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Math wasn't my favorite subject in school either, Benny.
lau.gif

However, science and biology were my favorites!!! I loved learning how everything worked! I still do!!!
yesss.gif
I was more interested in finding out why anyone worked. Unfortunately I got the answer all too quickly and it lasted way too long!

ok since no one will bite on my post, I will talk to myself.... :caf

If eggs are speckled, typically the darkest spots are specifically located on the parts of the shell that are thinnest.
Also the thinner the shell, the darker the spots, now dont go running to take away the calcium just yet....

Oh yeah, that's right I am talking to myself right?..... :pop    Are we sure eggs colors come from genetics passed down from both parents, and yeah I know some say more from the Roo side. oh and then there is all that ear lobe stuff, check out this HERE.  Anyways, an egg shell is made up mostly of calcium carbonate, and as its produced, goes through the hens oviduct, which consists of five parts, Infundibulum, Ampulla, Isthmus, Uterus and that there Vagina. :eek: Now we should all know that a Marans hen sends out thick coatings of protoporphyrins, which are by-products of blood synthesis,deposited during the long hours passing in the uterius/egg duct and then finally in the BLUME stage, and those proto things, well they fill in thousands of spores in which create a dark beautiful egg, and in turn make the shell thicker.  STOP   WAIT WHUT????  :eek: NOW we can understand why there is a need to lower incubation humidity compared to commercial hatcheries. :ya   oh wait, I have more! 

Ahhhh then comes the Blue egg :love
Did I ever tell you that I feed my Legbars extra treats to help with egg color? I wonder who will actually read all this. :/ Blue pigment is in a league of its own, its called biliverdin/oocyanin (Bile pigment byproduct responsible for a greenish color yea us too, sometimes seen in our own bruises) so does this explain the cartotenoid filled treats I feed to my blue layers? Blue pigment is not just a coating it mixes with the calcium carbonate early in the process, so its that color all the way through and thats why we all cant see them when we candle unless we have a good bright light.  So as I sit here and think, Speckled & Olives? When a brown coating overlays a blue egg shell, the egg appears green.  If the brown coating is very dark, the egg appears olive, yea got that we add extra treats, we get pretty eggs and we already know the hen lays the prettier eggs at the front of the clutch than the rear, but unless we feed our chickens at the table that means nothing to us, just feed the extra treats to your colored layers. But does this really make any sense? when everyone is screaming genetics genetics... sure cause it all works together right?

But what of the speckles?

I think Benny could help with this. Something keeps stickin in my head. And these speckles are also by-products of blood synthesis, I will have to call onto my Benny............ 

Benny may or may not understand what I am getting at......    

Benny,  Zinc Chelate, other certain vitamins and fatty acid concentrations change yolk eggshell composition and/or leach into the eggs for consumption?
I read it all Sally...I think I needed a treat now...

ok since no one will bite on my post, I will talk to myself....
caf.gif

If eggs are speckled, typically the darkest spots are specifically located on the parts of the shell that are thinnest.
Also the thinner the shell, the darker the spots, now dont go running to take away the calcium just yet....

Oh yeah, that's right I am talking to myself right?.....
pop.gif
Are we sure eggs colors come from genetics passed down from both parents, and yeah I know some say more from the Roo side. oh and then there is all that ear lobe stuff, check out this HERE. Anyways, an egg shell is made up mostly of calcium carbonate, and as its produced, goes through the hens oviduct, which consists of five parts, Infundibulum, Ampulla, Isthmus, Uterus and that there Vagina.
ep.gif
Now we should all know that a Marans hen sends out thick coatings of protoporphyrins, which are by-products of blood synthesis, deposited during the long hours passing in the uterius/egg duct and then finally in the BLUME stage, and those proto things, well they fill in thousands of spores in which create a dark beautiful egg, and in turn make the shell thicker. STOP WAIT WHUT????
ep.gif
NOW we can understand why there is a need to lower incubation humidity compared to commercial hatcheries.
ya.gif
oh wait, I have more!

Ahhhh then comes the Blue egg
love.gif

Did I ever tell you that I feed my Legbars extra treats to help with egg color? I wonder who will actually read all this.
hmm.png
Blue pigment is in a league of its own, its called biliverdin/oocyanin (Bile pigment byproduct responsible for a greenish color yea us too, sometimes seen in our own bruises) so does this explain the cartotenoid filled treats I feed to my blue layers? Blue pigment is not just a coating it mixes with the calcium carbonate early in the process, so its that color all the way through and thats why we all cant see them when we candle unless we have a good bright light. So as I sit here and think, Speckled & Olives? When a brown coating overlays a blue egg shell, the egg appears green. If the brown coating is very dark, the egg appears olive, yea got that we add extra treats, we get pretty eggs and we already know the hen lays the prettier eggs at the front of the clutch than the rear, but unless we feed our chickens at the table that means nothing to us, just feed the extra treats to your colored layers. But does this really make any sense? when everyone is screaming genetics genetics... sure cause it all works together right?

But what of the speckles?

I think Benny could help with this. Something keeps stickin in my head. And these speckles are also by-products of blood synthesis, I will have to call onto my Benny............

Benny may or may not understand what I am getting at......

Benny, Zinc Chelate, other certain vitamins and fatty acid concentrations change yolk eggshell composition and/or leach into the eggs for consumption?
WOW!!! I can't believe I read all that. Still don't know if I understand it though.
ep.gif
Eggs sure are a complicated thing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom