INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all. I was so busy this weekend I didn't even have a chance to get on here. I'm 100 pages behind, not gonna try to catch up. Did I miss anything exciting?

Morning Abi. The reason I asked if the disappearing fish was a zebra is they are skittish. They will bury themselves in the substrate if you had any. Most the time they can make it back out sometimes they can't. When breeding them they recommend a layer of marbles on the bottom. When I did that they all went under the marbles.
If you didn't have gravel I have no explanation for his or her disappearance. :lau

Yikes, my new incubator is running at 130!!! LOL

trying to get it down to 100ish. The humidity's running around 18-21% so I'll need to try to bump it up to 30-40% but i'm trying to stabilize the temp first, then play with humidity.

I have seen similar things in freshly hatched peachicks and I was wondering if it was a type of pressure sore from being in the egg so long?

-Kathy

So I decided last minute, with the chick struggling in the cup, I wouldn't feel right leaving it like that for 8+ hours with no one checking on it, so I put it in its own box with shavings in the week old chicks brooder so it's still warm with an adjustment of the heat lamp its way. While transplanting it, I looked at the scrape again... It is clearly wet while the rest of the chick is dry... I put some wound salve (it's some blue stuff) that is specifically for chickens... I think the poor thing is another mushy chick though. The egg was completely clean, the incubator it was in never got the smell in it I've come to associate with eggs going bad, and had been sanitized with bleach prior to using this round. So I'm guessing humidity issue, STILL. I'm so trying this "dry hatching" method... This is sucking!

Quote: Just put it on your side of the bed; hubby's gonna have you sleeping on the couch, anyway!
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom