INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my lone chick and I bought him 3 pals and I drove an hour to get them. And he is only 4 days old but he hates his new pals and pecks their eyes and screams for me to pick him up and take him away from the 3 other chicks the same age and size as him.

What do I do? Now I feel like I wasted a bunch of money and time. I have them in two separate boxes separated by plastic wrap so they can see each other but it isn't helping.

What should I do? I want him to learn to be a chicken too. But it seems like its already too late. :S he doesn't want anything to do with other chicks, he wants me and to be alone with his thoughts in his own little box.
Along with what Sally said, maybe try putting them in an entirely new brooder, one at a time. He might see the brooder as his home and these 3 other chicks are intruding. Not sure if they develop that kind of possession that early but it's worth a try. Either way, in a couple days I think they should be strong enough where they can get away if they are being picked on and after a day or two of being together they will be fine with each other.

Do you have any way to provide heat without a light? It might also help if you can introduce them when it's dark. Works pretty well with adult chickens so I don't see why it wouldn't work with chicks.

Last edited:
hey whites, your awful quiet with a room full of chicks and hens..... are you huntin?
No, sitting here dozing off, mostly, trying to stay out of trouble.
tongue.png

Trouble is, staying out of trouble is no fun at all.

I miss Babbles & Ur
lau.gif

I know, I am busy writing at the moment, not very entertaining. the girls are very quiet today for some reason. think everyone is watching bators, which mine is doing nothing but sitting there
lau.gif
stewin some chicks.... my guess is hatching will happen for the seramas around 11 tonight when I cant keep my eyes open

I know, I am busy writing at the moment, not very entertaining. the girls are very quiet today for some reason. think everyone is watching bators, which mine is doing nothing but sitting there
lau.gif
stewin some chicks.... my guess is hatching will happen for the seramas around 11 tonight when I cant keep my eyes open
I'll email you some coffee & toothpicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom